178 members have voted

1. 1. If there were a draft what would you do

• enlist beforhand
    • leave the country
    • Claim to be gay
    • allow yourself to be drafted
    • Commit suicide
    • Find another way to dodge

I'd claim to be bi. You're exempt from military service completely, and I don't have change my sexual preference to stay out of the military.

I'd claim to be bi. You're exempt from military service completely, and I don't have change my sexual preference to stay out of the military.

bunch of fucking hippies... the saddest thing is that everyone is willing to leave the country---- I know it is popular to critique the state in a debate round.. but this shows the dis-allusion that is the debate community.... and the fact that you are all a bunch of sad ass pussies

• Downvote 1

Guest Heteronorm is for bitches
my plan of action would be:

1) claim i am morally opposed to killing and seek conscientious objecter status

2) lie about my sexual orientation

3) leave the country

4) go to jail (i feel strongly enough about #1 that i would go to jail before serving)

Here's My Plan of Action for You:

1. Go suck a dick (considering you'd be willing to do so to not serve your country).

2. Don't lie about your sexual orientation unless you are actually gay

3. Leave the country, we don't want your stupid ass anyway

4. Go to Jail, (because then you'll get raped and we can all be happy because you are an ungrateful asshole.)

5. The ACLU is a communist bureaucracy who would wants to negotiate with terrorsists which is, I'd say, is unsuccesful (reference Jimmy Carter).

• Downvote 1

3) leave the country

4) go to jail (i feel strongly enough about #1 that i would go to jail before serving)

why dont you leave now... fucking communist...

Here's My Plan of Action for You:

1. Go suck a dick (considering you'd be willing to do so to not serve your country).

2. Don't lie about your sexual orientation unless you are actually gay

3. Leave the country, we don't want your stupid ass anyway

4. Go to Jail, (because then you'll get raped and we can all be happy because you are an ungrateful asshole.)

5. The ACLU is a communist bureaucracy who would wants to negotiate with terrorsists which is, I'd say, is unsuccesful (reference Jimmy Carter).

well goddamn....

umm, could you mind telling me what the ACLU has to with his post? or were you just on an average conservative "all liberals are complete" asshole rant?

it's posts like that that really piss me off. I'm not super liberal in my views. And i don't mind conservatives at all.... so long as they accept other's views and don't yell at people abotu them. if someone doesn't want to serve, they shouldn't have to serve and don't need to be bitched at for it. Liberals who do that same thing annoy me just as much.

• Downvote 1

umm, could you mind telling me what the ACLU has to with his post? or were you just on an average conservative "all liberals are complete" asshole rant?

nvm, i just saw his ACLU stuff. Question rescinded, rest of post still applies.

well goddamn....

it's posts like that that really piss me off. I'm not super liberal in my views. And i don't mind conservatives at all.... so long as they accept other's views and don't yell at people abotu them. if someone doesn't want to serve, they shouldn't have to serve and don't need to be bitched at for it. Liberals who do that same thing annoy me just as much.

it is becasue of you ppl hang themselves.... freedom of speech means he can make fun of anyone he wants.... and who the fuck are you to make a fucking deliniation of conservative and liberal on this issue...

first... every liberal and conservative in america would agree that in times of national need (when a draft is in place) it is ones duty to serve ones country... although it is questionable to ones likeability to president bush ( i fucking hate him and his forgin policy, and am quite liberal) that doesnt make it ok to fucking leave the country, claim to be a contiatous objector or claim to be gay...those excuses are for people that are truely inable to serve to the best of thier ability under those cercumstances. you are not gay, not agiasnt war... you think war is bad... but ill tell you what is bad... fucking pussy ass hippies like yourself that think that it is better to shield a blind eye to a clearly violent world and not recognize that you cannot change it....ILL Say it hear... you will not bring world peace.... furthermore you are not a fucking american if you think that it is acceptable to flee to a different country in order to dodge service in times of national emergencies...In vietnam people did not agree with the reasons to serve, but thank god we lived in a different era, most of the people served as men and women of thier country, and the ones that left stayed out..For it is a far greater feat to die for ones country then to criticize it.. fucking asshole....You can disagree with the war but dont you dare criticize people that find it a moral duty and national responsibility to serve....

im a liberal and im saying fuck you

3) leave the country

my exact plan.

wow. how pathetic the debate world is when so much of it is utterly opposed to serving its own country. enter communism. its fine, kids, if someone attacks you ignore it until you die. that's the only way to go!

• Downvote 2

that doesnt make it ok to fucking leave the country, claim to be a contiatous objector or claim to be gay...those excuses are for people that are truely inable to serve to the best of thier ability under those cercumstances. you are not gay, not agiasnt war...

I like the forgone implication that just because someone is gay they are unable to serve in the military. You are berating other people for being morally reprehensible, and yet you are the same way.

I would enlist in the Air Force so I wouldn't have to deal with Gunnery Sergeant Hartman...
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (or Gunnery Sergeant Highway from Heartbreak Ridge, for that matter) is a Marine, which means draftees don't have to worry about him...

why not just enlist before hand? then you get to pick which branch of the military you want to go into? ohh and all of you who are more willing to leave the country and change your sexual preferance (or claim to be bi) you all kinda forget that the entire reason your able to post here is because a bunch of americans who were drafted and who volunteered to go and kick a bunch of nazi's in the balls so that you could talk this way on the internet

oh and p.s. your all pussies

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I would go like a good soldier whats wrong with fighting for your country? Even if you are being forced i would rather be sitting in a M1A1 Abrams fighting it out than, sitting at home knowing that i dodged the draft. Knowing that i could help would make me go!!!

my uncle (a colonel in the air force's medical division) says they wouldn't take me because i'm asthmatic. (i think i could fight fine if i could run track fine, but i'll take the out if i can)

I would go like a good soldier whats wrong with fighting for your country? Even if you are being forced i would rather be sitting in a M1A1 Abrams fighting it out than, sitting at home knowing that i dodged the draft. Knowing that i could help would make me go!!!

Hell yeah!!!! Whats wrong with you communists????? Not fighting for ur own damn country?

Wow. So if somebody truly is morally opposed to the very thought of potentially having to kill someone, they must automatically be communists? How does that work?

First of all, the most brutally murderous government in history was that of the USSR under Stalin. Therefore, all you people who are willing to enlist must be communists.

Second, there are two well-known sects of Christianity, the nation's dominant religion, that strongly denounce violence in any form, especially killing. Those are the Mennonites and the Jehovah's Witnesses (I'll get more into the Witnesses later). At the point where you are going to call people communists, pussies, etc. because they are unwilling to compromise their moral values, you become the moral vacuum; you become the pussy for not being able to accept others' views; you become the communist for thinking that everyone has to be the same (equal) as you when it comes to such issues.

Now, let's move on to the Jehovah's Witnesses, who are uniquely opposed to this whole situation. Their church is in direct opposition with the state, because they believe it gets between them and God. Which, if consciencious objectors weren't allowed to abstain from service, is exactly what happens. Nonetheless, such people are willing to go to jail and face the prospects of rape, assault, etc. as long as they don't have to reject their principles.

So who's the pussy now?

By the way.

My brother is in the armed forces, and he is shipping out for Iraq later this week. I would have joined, too, if I hadn't received a scholarship to continue my education. I come from an armed services family.

And I still don't approve of all this rhetoric of "communists," "pussies," and "fags."

Second, there are two well-known sects of Christianity, the nation's dominant religion, that strongly denounce violence in any form, especially killing. Those are the Mennonites and the Jehovah's Witnesses (I'll get more into the Witnesses later). At the point where you are going to call people communists, pussies, etc. because they are unwilling to compromise their moral values, you become the moral vacuum; you become the pussy for not being able to accept others' views; you become the communist for thinking that everyone has to be the same (equal) as you when it comes to such issues.

Just a bit of clarification:

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mennonites don't hold a monopoly on christian sects opposed to killing. The Amish and Quakers do as well, I believe.

Then there are people like me who are Christian but don't subscribe to any particular denomination or go to church. I believe that my faith is between me and God, not between me and some bullshit religious hierarchy.

I personally don't see how anyone who calls themselves Christian could join the military.

That's just me, though.