aznguy930

Critical Gitmo

if you download the SDI in the Ev trade thread then that evidence explains good neg strats also including a couple of Gitmo critical affs they put out you might want to try this

It's basically Gitmo with an agamben adv at the very lamen of critical gitmo affs. I'd run biopower and prove the aff linked harder.

just thought i would point out that there is not one single CRITICAL GTMO...and to refer to it as such is not going to get you anywhere. If your preparing for a specific team or squad....my suggestion would be to first get the cites and then look around for help at answering the specifics of the case.

Wouldn't it need a plan in order to work?

I have never heard of a case that didn't have a plan. I always just assumed that you would have to have a plan text in order to get anything done. If I hit a case without one, I would just say that it is not real world, since all policy must have a plan before it can be implemented. Or is that just the novice in me that wants to say that?

that would be the novice in you, but its perfectly understandable. 90% of the time a case needs to have a pt, however there is about 5% of the time when it doesn't. if the case it working at the pre fiat level and has discoursive solvency then all it needs is the judges ballot to endorse the aff, not neccesarigly a pt. the other 5% of the time is actually when a team has evolved past a "plan" and thus do not need a pt while at the same time needing one, its a very compicated thing to explain, it involves turles and hemerhiods and mountain dew, if that tells you anything.

• Downvote 1

the other 5% of the time is actually when a team has evolved past a "plan" and thus do not need a pt while at the same time needing one, its a very compicated thing to explain, it involves turles and hemerhiods and mountain dew, if that tells you anything.

In other words..The affirmative can claim a double advocacy with a plan text, where they have some form of an in round solvency to one of their advantages. A perfect example from this years topic is DADT. Sure DADT can be repealed and we can fiat the plan yadda yadda, but then they have feminist discourse that solves heterosexism in this round. So let's say you do this...if you were the 1n...

26 off case, and you're the fastest speaker in the world.

The affirmative, assuming you didn't argue the resolved T, and even if you did, can now spike out of every single one of those (excluding a K of discourse or something on the prefiat level) and go specifically for the unanswered framework of heterosexism. This is a legitimate strategy that is fairly easy to beat, given that you make sure to target it specifically with a position or at least analytics coming out of the 1nc. Make sure to argue abuse in the 1nc that they can spike out of your disads, and when and if they do spike out and go for framework, argue that this proves the abuse.

just read resolved. they must provide a stable framework. we're not saying discourse f/w's are bad but we're saying you can't get up and read multiple worlds in your 1ac and then spike out of our args and go for the other f/w in the 2ac.

Damn Danny, for a sophomore, you're certainly quite the theorist.

I once hit a regular gitmo case with no plan text. I actually have a shell somewhere for that. "resolved means to have a fixed purpose". vio = no plan text means they don't have a certain purpose. the standards talked about how they can spike out of anything and may not even solve for anything. Also make sure to argue that the critical framework sucks and will accomplish nothing. There a 5 people in this round (4 debaters, a judge) and we're all just going to forget everything when we leave anyway. There's no "real world advocacy" here. The only thing the judge's ballot is key to is NFL points! Have fun.....

I once hit a regular gitmo case with no plan text.

so it claimed policy adv's but had no plan text?

lol that is retarded.