Gwebb

How many coaches do you have?

How many coaches do you have  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How many coaches do you have

• 6+

Just out of couriosity, and for clarification the to be considered a coach means that these people help you all year.

we've got 1 coach who has no background in debate... And then a bunch of ex debaters from our school and most of them don't even do much but whatever I'll still pwn bitches ;)

I voted two.

We have a coach and an assistant coach. Our assistant coach mostly watches practice rounds at work nights, makes sure the computer lab is open, helps with our home tournament and drives us to tournaments sometimes.

I think that zero should be an option considering how many people coach themselves or simply have a "sponsor" that takes them to tournaments.

where's the ZERO choice???

In a different sense, I would consider all the debaters on my team, and many whom I know outside of my squad, to be coaches of a sort. We run our practice rounds and help each other prep and learn, and help explain stuff to each other. That's what being a team means. More than any paid coach who just tries to speak from experience, those of us who actually debate together teach each other together as well.

we have a few but none of them know anything about status quo policy debate (they do PFD, LD, and congress), so for general purposes zero.

we have one coach.

of course, our team isn't that big, so it isn't really a big deal

Coach for policy debate? or just events period? We have like 7 coaches period, but no policy coaches.

We've got one very committed coach for the whole team and one for interpretation events.

Neither of them know policy at all, so our team is self-coached.

I think writing our own files without help is good for us as a team; each of us has an area of expertise and we pull each other along. Honestly, since we lost our one policy coach last year when he resigned to run for office, we've become a better prepared, more confident team. I loved the guy, but being self-coached has made a sizable improvement in our squad.

i have one thats not part of the school...just my brother who got the the quarters of the toc. however, the so called 1 coach at our school is utter garbage and is some speech person who cant teach policy.. :(