JeremyK

ATTN: Monticello

If you are coming to States, I need the name of the book for your Consult Harry Potter CP, I wrote down "Harry Potter is Real: We Must Act Now" but I can't find it.

Email = jeremy.kreisberg@gmail.com

Thanks.

Yo,

Whether you are going to NY States or not, I NEED the cites for that counterplan. Incredible.

Holler at me -

ihemley@gmail.com

yea, i would like that as well.

Joelson7@netscape.net.

also, im curious why you didnt consult hermione, shes the smart one. Im going to petrificus totalus your solvency right before I winguardium leviosa the perm. cheers.

but seriously, i need those cites.

I'm going to cum on Hermione.

yea im pretty sure thats theoretically illigitimate. ron's definetly the skeet guzzling type.

by the way, is this thread a joke or did monticello seriously consult harry potter? if it is serious i want those cites.

It was real, I saw it first-hand at the NY State Regional Qualifiers JV Policy Round (only 2 teams showed up, so one round for the qual to state -- Edgemont RS (AFF) vs Monticello ?? (NEG)). And you can't consult Hermione or Ron because the net-benefit stems from increased cooperation between muggle governments and the Ministry of Magic (that stops War with Voldemort), so consulting Harry, Hermione, or Ron wouldn't solve the net-benefit. My first post was just worded incorrectly -- the CP was Consult the Ministry of Magic, I only called it Consult Harry Potter because that's what was written at the top of each sheet.

Cites please, just curious, still can't find the book. Thanks.

It was real, I saw it first-hand at the NY State Regional Qualifiers JV Policy Round (only 2 teams showed up, so one round for the qual to state -- Edgemont RS (AFF) vs Monticello ?? (NEG)). And you can't consult Hermione or Ron because the net-benefit stems from increased cooperation between muggle governments and the Ministry of Magic (that stops War with Voldemort), so consulting Harry, Hermione, or Ron wouldn't solve the net-benefit. My first post was just worded incorrectly -- the CP was Consult the Ministry of Magic, I only called it Consult Harry Potter because that's what was written at the top of each sheet.

speechless.

did monticello win?

No. Are you kidding? Edgemont's Consult the Ministry of Magic block is sick.

Edgemont impact turned with Scrimgeour cred bad. Monticello had no answers.

actually monticello had some sweet Scrimgeour good cards. edgemont won that voldemort --> space mil, which is key to heg.

i have just realized that not only are we debate nerds, but we are also harry potter nerds. this is woefully depressing.

i have just realized that not only are we debate nerds, but we are also harry potter nerds. this is woefully depressing.

i think its cute

hey relax im ns they use cross-x but i will talk to demundo or katz and have them email the cites to all of you.

-Josh

I'm very relaxed, but it's been a week and I still can't find this book... you can guess where my mind is heading based on that, but I don't want to draw false conclusions.

• Upvote 1

The Harry Potter CP does not exist. Monticello does not plan on running it again any time this century.

does that mean that the cards that were read werent real?

Chris Demundo and Max Katz (me) are Monticello's A-Team.

As for the Harry Potter Counterplan, what I meant was that it was indeed used in a round, but it will not be used in any future rounds. Ever.