yeahitsme

AmeriCorps?

well i guess i was proved wrong three cases were brought up that weren't fx topical in a vaccum test... that makes them better than the one i proposed at the beginning of this thread right? i mean because they arn't fx topical like that case... hm.... wait..... that case has solvency.... those cases don't.....

Ummm wow you don't gain Topicality through Solvency. I mean arguing with you is kinda pointless because you won't listen. So um yea run that case next year and get pwned hardcore

• Downvote 1

^^^

Thanks, someone who knows what there talking about lol.

actually i never claimed that you claim how topical you are by your solvency... actually what i claimed was that ok so you gave me 3 plans that arn't fx topical, i conseeded that point but what i pointed out was the fact that the case that you pointed out had no solvency so i would rather be fx topical than not have solvency

misunderstand as you wish

lol the plan is being implimented in china, there is my solvency. So leik teh plan is topical lolz.

ohh ok i must have missed that one.... i mean how the plan being implemented in china grants you solvency my bad..... also i missed how thats topical anyway if plan being implemented in china means that the usfg is establishing it..... hm...... i realize that there was sarcasim in your post i just didn't think it was that funny

wow this thread has really degenrated...

anyways: you can always argue fx T, someone will always find a way to make T args apply. thats how it is every year.

yea you can always argue fx, i mean its just a matter of how well you can argue it. it links to a lot of plans next year so teams are going to have a lot of answers to it and so if you're going to win on it you better be a damn good t debater.

Does anyone know of a branch in Americorps (or any of the other organizations, for that matter) that does nonviolent education/community stuff domestically?

Clarification: community stuff can mean basically anything done nonviolentally-police type actions, protesting injustice, any of that type of stuff.

uh... all of americorp is nonviolent

isn't it???

maybe i'm high at the moment or something

I'm talking more about something like nonviolent education specifically, not just a general sort of not using violence. You know, like turning people into domestic nonviolent peacebuilders, of as sort.

I'm talking more about something like nonviolent education specifically, not just a general sort of not using violence. You know, like turning people into domestic nonviolent peacebuilders, of as sort.

~whoops~

however, it would be extra-t

that sounds like an interesting idea, make the PeaceCorp members teach third world children about non-violence. i think that that would run into a western imperialism/cultural kritiky kind of an argument, though.

however, it would be extra-t

I wasn't thinking about that at all. I was more thinking about internal, domestic nonviolent education in the US.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't thinking about that at all. I was more thinking about internal, domestic nonviolent education in the US.

right, sorry, my mind is wandering

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a great T debator. I'm just saying that people will always run certain arguements (maybe beacuse of their personal preference or w/e).

After doing a Google search for "Americorps" and "non-violence," I quickly and easily found the following :

DETROIT -- The Michigan Institute for Nonviolence Education (MINE) and its AmeriCorps Nonviolence KOPS (Kids, Organizations, Parents and Schools) Program champion the cause of nonviolence through education, training, research, advocacy and program design and implementation.

from http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-1902179/Today-the-Message-of-Peace.html

Tammie Peters

Golden H. S., Colorado

Not if they recruit specifically for the particular program.

huge problems for the Americorps funding plan

1) zero inherency...bush isn't shutting down anything big he's cutting 81 jobs by eventually (as in he hasnt yet)shutting down the NCCC

2)not topical...even if you were inherent all you are doing is giving back 81 jobs...thats the most any solvency eveidence can guarantee if you can find it

3)Americorps NCCC inefective...the NCCC spends 3 times as much money as the other two Americorps projects so revitalizing that would be grossly ineffecient which links to a nice spending DA

huge problems for the Americorps funding plan

1) zero inherency...bush isn't shutting down anything big he's cutting 81 jobs by eventually (as in he hasnt yet)shutting down the NCCC

2)not topical...even if you were inherent all you are doing is giving back 81 jobs...thats the most any solvency eveidence can guarantee if you can find it

3)Americorps NCCC inefective...the NCCC spends 3 times as much money as the other two Americorps projects so revitalizing that would be grossly ineffecient which links to a nice spending DA

On your first, americorps is taking major crap for "costing too much" because the gov't gives college tuition money, and pretty good benefits for joining. President Bush is being pressure to cut back the funding to americorps, and is planning on doing so.

on your second, why does the number of people being given back actually amtter?

on your third, first i would non unique it because NCCC is not killing our econ as it is being used now, then i would link turn it because americorps allows operations that restore america so people can begin giving back to the community.

there are 1,100 people who volunteer with Americorp in the NCCC. Isn't that a substantial amount.