yeahitsme

AmeriCorps?

i've heard alot about other idea but how about to increase funding to americorps? the inh is there with bush trying to cut $22 million and the adv.'s would be like child education, diaster recovery, so on and so forth and the solvency is pretty solid too just an idea post comments or concerns

it increases the number of americorps employees by reopening bases which have closed because of lack of funds and yes there is evidence to back this up

Thats like crazy fx. Its like me saying if you join one of the national service organizations you will get a free pop. Evidence says people like pop and they'll join the national service for a free pop. Its basicly the same as promising them their salaries.

Thats like crazy fx. Its like me saying if you join one of the national service organizations you will get a free pop. Evidence says people like pop and they'll join the national service for a free pop. Its basicly the same as promising them their salaries.

yeah but thats not what this says, it says that your going to increase funding to Americorps which fx or not opens up bases which obviously expands the amount of people it doesn't have anything to do with their salaeries. and not to mention can be or cannot be a voting issue and as long as i prove that it only takes one other step it works out just fine, so what else could you run besides an fx topicality?

Well fine. The bases reopen, but does that mean that people will be supplied to go to them? to work at them?

I think that's implied more money means new bases which means new jobs which means new workers. Thats extreme effects but its your debate.

is there any way to make this plan text nonfx topical? i understand that it is fx topical but is there anyway you could run this and still claim advantages from increasing the funding?

is there any way to make this plan text nonfx topical? i understand that it is fx topical but is there anyway you could run this and still claim advantages from increasing the funding?

I wouldn't really worry about fx in this case. The people saying it is really has a warped view. Under their interp, the only way to increase people in americorps and remain topical would be to require people to join, which is a ridiculous mandate. Only a draft would be topical under that interp. If the evidence shows that increasing funding directly increases membership, then that's fine. The topic will require 2 step fx this year.

Plus there really isn't any abuse here. It's not like your using some kind of argument where a butterflys wings beating in Brazil sets off a chain of events that increases membership.

agreed, most plans will be FX (2 steps), but yea i mean its not that hard to beat FX T violations when your on aff, just get a really good block and you're fine

Well fine. The bases reopen, but does that mean that people will be supplied to go to them? to work at them?

Actually yeah, there are usually lots of applicants to Americorps.

agreed, most plans will be FX (2 steps), but yea i mean its not that hard to beat FX T violations when your on aff, just get a really good block and you're fine

Ahhhhhhh FX has nothing to do with steps. It has to do with mixing burdens. You have to look at their plan at face value and in see if its topical. They can't gain topicality through plan, solvency, adv. Explaining fx with steps is a n00bish way to do it because anything become an infinite ammount of steps if you think about it hard enough.

Ahhhhhhh FX has nothing to do with steps. It has to do with mixing burdens. You have to look at their plan at face value and in see if its topical. They can't gain topicality through plan, solvency, adv. Explaining fx with steps is a n00bish way to do it because anything become an infinite ammount of steps if you think about it hard enough.

so name an on 3 on face nonfx topical cases

I can think of six-An affirmative that mandates an increase in the number of people serving in any one of the six topic areas would not be effectually topical. That being said this resolution functionally mandates that the affirmative be effectually topical so this debate is perhaps unavoidable.

How about plan: raise taxes. This is only 1 more step because there is ev that raising taxes will increase funding towards AmeriCorps, which then leads to increased participation. Hell, I could go anywhere with this: a free trade package stimulates the economy, which raises tax revenue, etc... If we can ignore 1 FX violation, why not take it a few more steps?

This year is gonna be awesome.

How about plan: raise taxes. This is only 1 more step because there is ev that raising taxes will increase funding towards AmeriCorps, which then leads to increased participation. Hell, I could go anywhere with this: a free trade package stimulates the economy, which raises tax revenue, etc... If we can ignore 1 FX violation, why not take it a few more steps?

yeah - we'll all just have a FX tub

life will be good.

i'm still confused how this disproves my point that the plan text i provided will be alright to run... and i'm also confused on how this shows me a case that is on face not fx topical, so.... yea.... i'm not sure how a plan about raising taxes will increase funding towards americorps b/c then your also extra-topical because then your going way outside the resolution and claiming added benefits from it....

so name an on 3 on face nonfx topical cases

Draft, Combining something with the armed forces, alternate forms of punishment.

Kthxbai

Draft, Combining something with the armed forces, alternate forms of punishment.

Kthxbai

alternate forms of punishment? how is that even close to not fx topical?

People commit a crime, they do national service. In a vaccume test the plan is topical.