Sign in to follow this  
kendog_3

PCFL Question

The PCFL has two divisions at any given time: Varsity, and either Novice or JV. In the fall it is novice, and in the spring it is JV. 9th and 10th graders can compete in novice or JV at any point in the year. Anyone who has ever competed before their junior year may only enter varsity events in 11th and 12th grades. Seniors can be novices in the fall if they have never competed before, but must go varsity in the spring. The rule on juniors is ambiguous and was sort of undecided at the last meeting I attended, new juniors definitely can go novice in the fall, then should probably go varsity in the spring, but if they did one tournament in the fall they can go JV.

Any competition experience in any event counts, a senior who did only CX her junior year must then compete varsity as a senior, no matter what the event.

Qualifying to CFL Nationals removes eligibility for anything below varsity (with the exception of qualifying in Declamation, I think).

The PCFL has two divisions at any given time: Varsity, and either Novice or JV. In the fall it is novice, and in the spring it is JV. 9th and 10th graders can compete in novice or JV at any point in the year. Anyone who has ever competed before their junior year may only enter varsity events in 11th and 12th grades. Seniors can be novices in the fall if they have never competed before, but must go varsity in the spring. The rule on juniors is ambiguous and was sort of undecided at the last meeting I attended, new juniors definitely can go novice in the fall, then should probably go varsity in the spring, but if they did one tournament in the fall they can go JV.

Any competition experience in any event counts, a senior who did only CX her junior year must then compete varsity as a senior, no matter what the event.

Qualifying to CFL Nationals removes eligibility for anything below varsity (with the exception of qualifying in Declamation, I think).

Kenny is probably refering to 8th graders......not sure the answer there.....

Shawn