Sign in to follow this  
The Spork

toc quals

I believe it counts as a second (or third, etc.) bid if you got one the regular way, but you can't qualify with 2 ghost bids.

Edit: Really? Unsigned neg rep for this post?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I believe it counts as a second (or third, etc.) bid if you got one the regular way, but you can't qualify with 2 ghost bids.

Edit: Really? Unsigned neg rep for this post?

I believe this is true--although I don't know about not being able to qualify with 2 ghost bids, as I've never seen a team that only had 2 ghost bids and no normal bids.

But I know for sure that if your ONLY bid is a ghost bid, you CANNOT apply for an at-large--if you have a ghost bid and a regular bid, you are qualified.

I believe this is true--although I don't know about not being able to qualify with 2 ghost bids, as I've never seen a team that only had 2 ghost bids and no normal bids.

But I know for sure that if your ONLY bid is a ghost bid, you CANNOT apply for an at-large--if you have a ghost bid and a regular bid, you are qualified.

GDS BB applied for an at large last year with only a ghost bid and got it (probably more beacuse of whiskey than because of rules though).

GDS BB applied for an at large last year with only a ghost bid and got it (probably more beacuse of whiskey than because of rules though).

U inform me of these tricks to getting an at large now RJ, would've helped when we sent in our app....

that's not true stephen - a ghost bid is exactly equivalent to a regular bid. you can apply for an at large with a ghost bid.

There's only one mention of ghostbids on the website: "A team or a LD debater must win at least one elimination round to be eligible for a "ghost bid." For example, if a tournament breaks at the double-octas level and is a TOC qualifier at the octos level, if two people or teams from the same school met in octos round, a ghost bid would be awarded. If a tournament breaks at the octos level and is a TOC qualifier at the quarters level, if two people or teams from the same school met in the quarters, a ghost bid would be awarded."

and this doesn't say anything about not being able to apply with just a ghost bid, the at-large section just says you need one bid. Check for yourself at http://www.uky.edu/Provost/ChellgrenCenter/Debate/champions.htm

I think there's a couple small tournaments missing here...like Watertown (SD)...I know Brookings closed out finals, so they got both the bids

Marquette didn't get one, either... we're also on the waitlist.

Congratulations to Sklaroff and Waizer and Dallas Jesuit, though!

~Bill

reputational politics killls me- im so broken =/

(we're also waitlisted)

QFA. Bah.

Congrats to both Edgemont and Dallas Jesuit. Having seen both of you this year, you definitely deserved to be in that mix. :)

karina and tyler from cps got theirs too!!

but kailash seems to have returned to debate, so karina will probably go wih him.