Sign in to follow this  
bRubaie

Potential for a great argument

If you haven't seen, read, or cut articles dealing with how the fourth amendment is applied, you're missing some of the best evidence on the search side of the topic. There are great solvency arguments and interesting counterplans out there for those interested. I hope these cites help.

(If you don't feel like looking through all of them, Slobogin 91 is the best.)

Slobogin in 2003

[Christopher, Professor of Law & Alumni Research Scholar, University of Florida College of Law, “THE POVERTY EXCEPTION TO THE FOURTH AMENDMENT,” FLORIDA LAW REVIEW v55, http://www.floridalawreview.org/issues/pdf/vol55num1/slobogin.pdf]

Slobogin in 1996

[Christopher, Professor of Law & Alumni Research Scholar, University of Florida College of Law, “REFORM: THE POLICE: TESTILYING: POLICE PERJURY AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT,” Fall, 67 U. Colo. L. Rev. 1037, page Lexis]

Slobogin in 1991

[Christopher, Professor of Law & Alumni Research Scholar, University of Florida College of Law, “The World Without a Fourth Amendment,” 39 UCLA L. Rev. 1]

Dershowitz in 1994

[Alan, most prominent lawyer in the USA, professor of law at Harvard, “Controlling the Cops; Accomplices To Perjury,” The New York Times 5/2, Section A; Page 17; Column 3; Editorial Desk ]

Stuntz in 1999

[William, prof of Virginia School of Law, “Privacy in the Criminal Context,” 67 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 1265]

Stuntz in 1992

[William, Research Professor of Law, University of Virginia, “Implicit Bargains, Government Power, and the Fourth Amendment,” 44 Stan. L. Rev. 553, February, page lexis]

Oliver in 2005

[Wesley MacNeil, Climenko/Thayer Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School, “Toward a Better Categorical Balance of the Costs and Benefits of the Exclusionary Rule,” 9 Buff. Crim. L. R. 201]

• Upvote 1

Slobogin in 2003

[Christopher, Professor of Law & Alumni Research Scholar, University of Florida College of Law, “THE POVERTY EXCEPTION TO THE FOURTH AMENDMENT,” FLORIDA LAW REVIEW v55, "]http://www.floridalawreview.org/issues/pdf/vol55num1/slobogin.pdf]

Thanks for the info, but the link doesn't work :-)

Thanks for the info, but the link doesn't work :-)

Sorry about that, I should've spaced the little ] thing

It should work now :)

I cut an Intro/Framework card from the first few pages of the file, but I haven't read a whole lot of it so I don't know what else you can cut.

I'm thinking that you could cut a critical case that basically had the government impliment the recommendations of the article as a single plan, basically say that the fourth amendment started out attempting to limit government power, but is now used as a justification for the use of certian powers, if we reconceptualize the meaning and enforcement of the 4th amendment we will reduce the government's ability to search without probable cause by eliminating a bunch of the loopholes that are in the system currently. I haven't tried cutting this but it seems viable, though perhaps far fetched.

Sign in to follow this