JonnyWonder

West Side Districts

I'm fairly sure that West Side Districts is March 2,3,4. Norman High is bringing four teams:

Jonathan Whalen/Cory Copeland

Austin Vance/John Romanishin

Jon Riley/Stephen Babcock

Andrew Connery/Christiana Baez (sp?)

Who else is coming?

Also, if there are thirty entries to districts in cross-x, the west side will send three teams to Nationals. Everyone should go ahead and start bugging their coaches to bring a lot of people in cross-x, because it would be really cool to be able to have three qualifications two years in a row.

Yeah, everyone needs to bring 4 teams. I know we will have 4 I just don't know who for sure yet.

You have 4 teams, we have 4 teams, Edmond Memorial will have 4 teams, Heritage Hall will have 4 teams, PCN will have 1 team maybe 2, PCO will have 4 probably if not than 3, plus miscellaneous others.

That equals 20-22 off of the top of my head. If we can convince random other schools to bring as many as possible I believe we can pull off 30 teams allowing us to send 3 teams to Nats.

HH is bringing...

Smith & Big Watts

Dimick & Thompson

Bible & Little Watts

And a fourth novice team...not quite sure who though

And, to add to Shae's list, Guymon, Kingfisher, & Norman North always bring a few teams, so I would say we are right on the border of taking 3 teams. See y'all next weekend in those luxurously spacious rooms.

After having had a discussion with Glendinning, we concluded for sure there would be about 28 teams and because usually little schools come around randomly we should pull off the 30 necessary teams this year.

Given the risk that there may not be 30 teams or if there is one or two may drop, i urge people to bring as many teams as they can. (Note: this, I am sure, is old hat to everyone, but someone has to say it right?)

I heard today from my coach that there are thirty teams entered, so it looks like we are going to get the three. Of course, people drop and stuff so there is a small risk we won't. Oh, and Katie, I think Districts is in the forum (the same place as state) this year, so hopefully rounds really will be in rooms instead of closets.

Congratulations to the west side for doing it again; wish we could get that much CX interest on the east side!

We (on the east side) are very close to having enough to send 4 LDers to Nats and we will have 3 PF teams going....just gotta get more policy!

yeah pretty sure that k-town will have shepard/reed and a few other noviis

Yeah:

Shepard/Reid

Flores/Turner

for sure. Maybe more. Probably not.

What does PCO run on the aff?

They ran Extraordinary Rendition at Stillwater. I don't know if that's changed.

Yeah, it changed. But it probably won't change again because Wilson just had a baby and doesn't have time to cut another AFF. [Don't expect the PCO kids to cut an AFF......ever].

You are such a nice person shae

I'm not an asshole if it's true.

I heard today from my coach that there are thirty teams entered, so it looks like we are going to get the three. Of course, people drop and stuff so there is a small risk we won't. Oh, and Katie, I think Districts is in the forum (the same place as state) this year, so hopefully rounds really will be in rooms instead of closets.
You are such a nice person shae, today my coach said that there were a little over thirity teams in cx so we should have 3 people going, Katie i also heard that cx gets the forums this year so we get the huge conference rooms just like state... much nicer than ally house

Wow, Austin do you even read the thread before you post?

Due to ineligibility Edmond North will only be bringing 3 teams. Erin and I are still going, it was one of the peon teams that can't make it.

Glendinning says there are 32 teams entered right now so West Side is good to go for sure.

Nope and mine was 3 days later just updating.

at least you're honest

and shae- we may have the same problem. we would still take four teams, but one of our better debaters may be ineligible and would have to be replaced.