Sign in to follow this  
governments_kill

PA States

Who qualified? This is just out of curiousity because Susquehannock failed to qualify. I'm just curious as to who will be there.

What? Who else is in your district? I can't believe your team didn't qualify.

Read the title. Delone is in our district. They also managed to not qualify. Instead two teams from York Catholic qualified. I'm beyond irate about this because it doesn't make any rational sense, but much of what occurs in PA debate doesn't make much rational sense.

La Salle FM and MM from District 11 have qualified in Varsity and La Salle RS in Novice in a grueling auto-qualifying tournament

It will not be so easy next year. You have my word on that:)

K. Hanson

Pfffft, like you'll suddenly get together a varsity team that can beat MM in their 3rd year.

Our state qualifier is on Feb. 25th --- hopefully it will be Meyers HM and DK , but there is also a chance for it to be a Scranton or Scranton Prep team, then again , we are not yet sure what teams will show up

• Upvote 1

Ben,

I will take that as a joke...if you have any questions please refer to last year's State quals.

K. Hanson

Ben,

I will take that as a joke...if you have any questions please refer to last year's State quals.

K. Hanson

What is funny about last year's state quals is that I dropped (I think) both LaSalle teams, but gave the younger ones higher speaks. However, I do think Mike and TJ will be a force around here next year, they used to just sound pretty but now they know how to debate, too....kinda scary...like Paul if Ben wasn't dragging him down...

...like Paul if Ben wasn't dragging him down...

You just didn't notice, but I was really pulling Paul up to a level of unimaginable awesomness. Unfortunately he didn't survive.

Oh, I'm sure they do, but to say I couldn't put together a team that could compete is quite presumptuous.

K. Hanson

ok, so Susquehannock will be going since there is some rule that the team that won the previous year can send a team and will only debate if there is an odd number. So, phil and I will be going but may not be debating which will just end up being a waste of a weekend, but hopefully we will be able to.

ok, so Susquehannock will be going since there is some rule that the team that won the previous year can send a team and will only debate if there is an odd number. So, phil and I will be going but may not be debating which will just end up being a waste of a weekend, but hopefully we will be able to.

If you end up not debating, it will be like the offspring of, quite literally, Adam paying for him running Minor Repair in the final... and somehow beating me win my case was the most extra topical / abusive (international fiat) on the topic...

-Josh "never first place" Lachewitz

I know that rule exists for novice, but I've never heard it for varsity...

I know that rule exists for novice, but I've never heard it for varsity...

i'm pretty sure it does... because I remember last year... scranton wasn't going to field a team... and we had the chance to send ricky and bernie... but we weren't sure if they were going to debate... so they went in PFD instead...

If you end up not debating, it will be like the offspring of, quite literally, Adam paying for him running Minor Repair in the final... and somehow beating me win my case was the most extra topical / abusive (international fiat) on the topic...

-Josh "never first place" Lachewitz

Hahaha, to this day I don't think Adam knows what minor repair does. Then again, don't forget about the generic solvency arguments we made and the possibility that the NAVY was going to float into PKO's if we were aff. I can just imagine it, "Can you jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjustify why the navy is involved with PKO's?"