Sign in to follow this  
TEHCANADIAN

Attorney-Client Privilege AFF

Can someone tell me some specifics of this case as far as advantages, actor, and plan text. Would like to know ASAP.

-Thanks

I have run this case and the one I use looks like this:

The Executive branch gets rid of this section of the BOP order. It has Terrorism, Rights, Separation of Powers, and maybe one more advantage (I can't remember) I can post my plan text when I get it out. Let me know if there are other things you would like to know. Why do you need this info?

I just used this plan at a tournament. I am novice, and I got third in an advanced tournament. People don't have any real oncase, so I got alot of T and Terrorism ran against me. What I do is not read the Terrorism Adv in the 1AC, and when they run Terrorism DA, I attack the link (because there isn't one for this case specifically) and read my 5 cards that says the status quo hurts the fight on terrorism, and the plan solves for terrorism, not causes it. This works fairly well. What you need to make sure you know is the specifics of how it causes terrorism and how you solve, as well as make a good attack on their link. If you do both and beat the lame T they run, you have it made. I have this case if you want to trade, hit me up at stephenpaul71301@cox.net

I wouldn't run this aff. It has no significance. My entire file is pretty much that is only affects 16 people.

I wouldn't run this aff. It has no significance. My entire file is pretty much that is only affects 16 people.

Let's think about this buddy, with advantage like SOP and rights, the amount of people really doesn't matter. If it violates SOP and they get rid of that violation, they get rid of it, people don't matter. With rights, the concept is any denial of rights, not just how many rights... With terrorism I am sure they have some sort of perception internal link.

Peace

I rescind my prior statement. I've never had to pull out the file in a round & never heard the case itself(or even seen it). here's pretty much what I was thinking, with why I was wrong: The rights of 16 people being violated is insignificant, though I guess the Petro 74 card makes it significant and gives a reason to vote aff on it. I was just saying, make sure you're prepared for that argument if you're going to run it. Plus, another problem with my attack there is that no one judges on significance. I enjoy shooting myself in the face, thanks.

• Downvote 1

The SOP adv says that a decrease in SOP leads to tyranny, that effects everyone. The terrorism adv says that the SQ only perpetuates more terrorism and hurts the WoT. The rights adv has the Petro card and says that this small loss of rights will snowball. I have had teams run neg on significance, and they lost.

this aff is completely horrbile. there is NO internal link evidence to the terrorism advantage and no separation of powers. All a team has to do is PIC....

IE. Congress repeal, or supreme court repeal

All three branches can do this, and it has nothing to with separation of powers because the BOP can work on its own.

I wrote a 36 point solvency frontline to this case, if anyone wants to trade it has great negative evidence and great internal links to the terrorism DA.

and the link = 12 of those 16 people are terrorists, the other 4 are spies

EDIT: Another advantage i heard to this case was the judicial review adv, which is easy enough to attack/turn. I too have put together a good file on this with spec. links to the trzm DA and answers to judicial review advantage. Let me know if anyone wants it. And petro is one of the least warranted cards in debate.

Sign in to follow this