foxydick2007

Gitmo Plan Texts

Put down plan texts for Gitmo, Im looking for the best plan text to run with,

if anybody can help me out with this it would help.

The one I specifically would like is the enemy combatant one, not the one where it goes enemy combatant to pow, just enemy combatant, I dont know what it does specifically though, thanks for the help

The Department of Defense should provide all detainees in US Military Custody access to a habeas corpus trial in general courts-martial and a lawyer with sufficient security clearance under Article 27 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

The courts shoud rule in an appropriate test case to grant all detainnes at gitmo POW status.

declaring all detainees AT gtmo POW status does nothing to decrease authority to detain without charge. post plan all that happens is those already detained are now POWs, anyone who comes in after can still be detained without charge.

too lazy to comment on the other ones. I just know i always hear that one as a CP

• Upvote 1

declaring all detainees AT gtmo POW status does nothing to decrease authority to detain without charge. post plan all that happens is those already detained are now POWs, anyone who comes in after can still be detained without charge.

too lazy to comment on the other ones. I just know i always hear that one as a CP

they get competent tribunals and acces to the U.S court system, if their innocent their released, if their guilty they are charged and kept there .The ones who come in post plan will be granted POW status under the fourth geneva convention. Its topical

I havent done much with researching POWs, but as far as i can tell, doesn't it just mean they get better treatment, but then can't be released or tried or anything until AFTER the war is OVER?

I havent done much with researching POWs, but as far as i can tell, doesn't it just mean they get better treatment, but then can't be released or tried or anything until AFTER the war is OVER?

No, because if they were detained without charge, they must either be put on trial and either charged or released.

• Upvote 1

if they are to be charged...then yes...they would recieve a trial.....but fact of the matter is......simply changing the status to that of a POW would not grant them a charge....it simply gives them prisoner rights. The plan text would have to also extend some article of the geneva conventions or make a statement that the prisoners would recieve a trial...because POW status alone is ONLY an extension of prisoner rights..........and one of those rights is not to be given a charge.

Best plan text I ever saw (for reasons clearly not topical))

The USFG should substantially decrease its authority to detain without charge by vetoing the McCain Ban Torture Act with a new executive order.

first advantage was torture.

i seriously was scared for the team....scared.

Best plan text I ever saw (for reasons clearly not topical))

The USFG should substantially decrease its authority to detain without charge by vetoing the McCain Ban Torture Act with a new executive order.

first advantage was torture.

i seriously was scared for the team....scared.

haha i remember sean did that

and he didn't understand what the term veto meant...or detain apparently

we told him his plan text pretty much says legalize torture and he tried telling us we were wrong

and remember the time we asked him his solvency mechanism and he told us "straight up policy." LMAO

k i'm done..this is what we have to put up with people

haha i remember sean did that

and he didn't understand what the term veto meant...or detain apparently

we told him his plan text pretty much says legalize torture and he tried telling us we were wrong

and remember the time we asked him his solvency mechanism and he told us "straight up policy." LMAO

k i'm done..this is what we have to put up with people

good times good times

oh yeah and apparently congress overturned korematsu

TEXT: THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS SHOULD ELIMINATE THE AUTHORITY OF THE UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DETAIN ENEMY COMBATANTS WITHOUT CHARGE. ENFORCEMENT GUARANTEED.

then you can spec what you do with them in the 2ac.

something like...

the United States federal government should grant charges to all enemy combantants. <--- most topical version

• Upvote 1

The argument that giving people at Gitmof POW status would allow anyone else to come in in the future to be enemy combatants can be argued with Michael Sweeney 2k3, he argues that granting POW status would prevent the current situation at GITMO from happening again.

love

jamie

nhs 2006