Screech

Do you like the new wording better?

Which wording do you like?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. Which wording do you like?

• I like the original wording
    • I like the new wording

i agree though it is slightly different than the older version

the older version was not choses because it was in need of new revisions.

• Downvote 1

Resolved: The United States Federal Government should establish a comprehensive program of mandatory national service by US citizens.

or

Resolved: The United States federal government should establish a policy substantially increasing the number of persons serving in one or more of the following national service programs: AmeriCorps, Citizen Corps, Senior Corps, Peace Corps, Learn and Serve America, Armed Forces.

Honestly, well, the original wording made the topic almost too broad and a bit unfair to neg teams. But then again on the other hand, the new wording is just . . . dumb. We're essentially screwed either way. Just keep in mind, we are debaters we are known for pulling genius bull crap answers out of absolutely nowhere. Tomorrow will come, we will debate, and next year there will be hell to pay. We debaters aren't so ignorant as to the process by which topics are formed now.

WELL........I SAY SINCE IN MY PERSPECTIVE THAT THIS IS A VERY SUCKY CONTROVERSAL TOPIC THATS GONNA TAKE ALOT OF TIME TO REASEARCH. I WOULD PERFER THE ORIGINAL WORDING BECAUSE THE NEW WORDING WOULD BE MORE SMALLER WHICH DEBATERS WOULD HAVE TO DEVELOP NEW TOPICALITY BLOCKS AND STUPID CRAP LIKE THAT. THE NEW RES. WOULD BE A PAIN IN THE ASS TO DEBATE.. I ALSO AGREE WITH THE FIRST GUY EITHER ONE WE PICK WE WOULD STILL BE SCREWED.... YEA I KNOW IT MADE IT UNFAIR TO NEG TEAMS BUT THINK ABOUT IT WHEN IS DEBATE EVER TRULY FAIR?? AFF IN MY PERSPECTIVE ALWAYS HAVE A LITTLE MORE GROUND BUT ANYWAYS I THINK THAT EITHER ONE US DEBATERS CHOOSE WE WILL STILL BE SCREWED!! THAT SUCKS!! I SEE MORE WORK FOR US DEBATERS IN OUR FUTURE!!!

BUH BYE...:wavey:

• Downvote 1