Screech

Do you like the new wording better?

Which wording do you like?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. Which wording do you like?

• I like the original wording
    • I like the new wording

i heard WMD was the best topic ever.

I'm disputing that because the China topic (HS style) was beyond awesome. Although I've heard from friends that the Space topic in college wins this game hands down.

I'm disputing that because the China topic (HS style) was beyond awesome. Although I've heard from friends that the Space topic in college wins this game hands down.

what was the china resolution?

what was the china resolution?

Resolved: That the United States government should substantially change its foreign policy toward the People's Republic of China.

This was the 1995-1996 high school topic.

I hate the new wording for one reason, and one reason only; it's so long, the resolution ITSELF is bound to take up 3 minutes of the 1AC. That gives us room for what, an inherency card, and that's IT?

• Downvote 1

I hate the new wording for one reason, and one reason only; it's so long, the resolution ITSELF is bound to take up 3 minutes of the 1AC. That gives us room for what, an inherency card, and that's IT?

Most teams don't read the resolution. There is no reason you would need to.

there is no help for this topic its just going to suck its simple as that we just need to accept it, it sucks for us class 07 people we leave on the WORTS topic, o well there isnt much we can do

there is no help for this topic its just going to suck its simple as that we just need to accept it, it sucks for us class 07 people we leave on the WORTS topic, o well there isnt much we can do

finally someone realizes it. there isn't shit we can do about the topic so lets just live with it.

We began with one of the the best topics, though. I wish we could have the Ocean Policy topic back.

Even a person who didn't debate that year can recognize that this is one of the worst topics ever, not the best. To quote my coach:

"You could literally skip stones off the South China Sea and be topical."

Even a person who didn't debate that year can recognize that this is one of the worst topics ever, not the best. To quote my coach:

yeah you're right but in theory that wouldn't be "substantial" but thats an easy arg to answer.

Well, lucky for those of us who did debate it we wanted a few more impacts than a couple of stones could provide. The resolution was deep, bi-directional and had hella good cases/neg positions. Additionally, it FORCED a lot of people to become good debaters on T because it was so big. I debated a lot of great topics, but that one was the most fun.

the china topic (and later on the russia topic) were pretty popular. I always prefer domestic topics to fopo topics, however.

I believe my brother's case on the China topic was to give f-16s to taiwan. They didn't lose to T once the entire year.

We began with one of the the best topics, though. I wish we could have the Ocean Policy topic back.

ya we did, i would love to have oceans back...but i guess if we enter on a great topic we have to leave on a shitty topic =/ makes me sad

uh, the oceans topic kicked ass

aren't you kids too young to have debated then?

edit: for relevancy, i will continue to say that the original wording of this topic was pretty awesome and the only bit of logic arguing otherwise is that debaters are too stupid to establish limits

uh, the oceans topic kicked ass

aren't you kids too young to have debated then?

Assuming the four year plan of high school debate, we can be juniors or seniors right now and still have debated that topic.

unless, of course, you started debating in 2005 or 2006

i wouldn't even count people who started debating in 2004

i have no opinion on the new wording

neither do I, it is just another topic like the other ones that we all will have to grow to like.

speaking of which, any lders here?

neither do I, it is just another topic like the other ones that we all will have to grow to like.

speaking of which, any lders here?

the new topic is alright