Sign in to follow this  
Bit Cloud

Constitution Permanant Evidence

I was wondering if there is a place where I can find evidence saying that the "Constitution is Permanant" or "Constitution is Supreme Law" and anything saying "The Fourth Amendment is Safe" or "Fourth Amendment Permanant". If any one has this evidence or knows where I can find it (names of books etc.) I would be deeply indebted to them. Thanks!

Where is the supremacy clause in the constitution?

Article 6:

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Despite what some debaters say it does not involve the supreme court. Thats article 3.

I would point out, however, that what you are seeking isn't about "supremacy," but about permanence. The Constitution, because it allows for amendments, cannot truly to be said to be permanent in the sense in which you are using the term. Heck, we have even had an amendment (the 18th) which was repealed by the passage of another amendment (the 21st). Part of the beauty of the Constitution is that it allows for such modifications.

Then can anyone get solvency for passing a amendment through their plan? Every opposing team will get up there and say, "Hey the 18th was overturned, yours will be too." Am I irrational in my logic here?

Then can anyone get solvency for passing a amendment through their plan? Every opposing team will get up there and say, "Hey the 18th was overturned, yours will be too." Am I irrational in my logic here?
Not at all. "Overturn" is a should/would argument, though. What WILL happen, in other words, isn't the issue, only what SHOULD. That Congress and the necessary number of states would overturn Affplan in a heartbeat is irrelevant...

Sign in to follow this