itachibryan

tubs for hanging files

I think that, by definition, Rubbermaid tubs are rail-less.

Besides, those rail things are hard to use and get really annoying when the file folders keep sliding off the rails.

hanging files suck. the tubs that hold them shatter easily (have fun with a tub covered in duct tape) and file folders suck in general.

get rubbermaid tubs and fill them with expandoes.

hanging files suck. the tubs that hold them shatter easily (have fun with a tub covered in duct tape) and file folders suck in general.

get rubbermaid tubs and fill them with expandoes.

i think your conclusion that hanging files suck just because the tubs that hold them are fragile is flawed. i like them because i group my files by argument than alphabetically.

yeah, part of the bottom of my tub broke off, so my cart was pushing the folders out of the tub -_-.

i heard that you could buy tubs for hanging files somewhere on the internet...

i think expandos are generally better, this year we used mostly hanging files, next year i want to use expandos, like, one for d/a, one for cp, one for k, yeah, that would be nice.

however, if you must, rubbermaid is best

-janke

i think expandos are generally better, this year we used mostly hanging files, next year i want to use expandos, like, one for d/a, one for cp, one for k, yeah, that would be nice.

however, if you must, rubbermaid is best

-janke

oh i get it, the only use i saw for expandos was to separate different tpes of argument for one file, but if i use expandos for that, that would be nice. i think i'll do that, thats a great idea, thanks

oh i get it, the only use i saw for expandos was to separate different tpes of argument for one file, but if i use expandos for that, that would be nice. i think i'll do that, thats a great idea, thanks

Expandos are a great way to keep organized. For example, most 2As will have all their blocks expando'd, i.e. all their T blocks in an expando, all their DA blocks in an expando, all their CP blocks in an expando, etc.

You can also expando a file, like if you have an XO CP file, you can organize it by sticking the solvency section in a pocket, the "XOs increase pres powers" section in a pocket, etc.

Then you tape a piece of paper on the front of the expando and write down what each pocket contains.

Expandos are expensive but worth it.

Expandos are a great way to keep organized. For example, most 2As will have all their blocks expando'd, i.e. all their T blocks in an expando, all their DA blocks in an expando, all their CP blocks in an expando, etc.

You can also expando a file, like if you have an XO CP file, you can organize it by sticking the solvency section in a pocket, the "XOs increase pres powers" section in a pocket, etc.

Then you tape a piece of paper on the front of the expando and write down what each pocket contains.

very,very,very,very worth it, our 2ac blocks are in the only expando we have

yeah, the expando-iung of a single file was the only usage of it that i saw, so i never thought of using an expando for different files. the only thing i have against it is that without a file folder, maybe i might mix up the files... i guess i'll just have to be more organized!

Yeah, I'm a 2A and I try hard to do stand-up 2ACs all the time, so when we go aff, I line up all aff expandos in front of me and it's easy to grab stuff.

very good point, that's a very useful thing for bring down prep

I dunno - hanging files have worked decently for me, although I will conceed that expandos = mucho better.

I just haven't had the money to buy expandos. I'm poor, what can I say. AND anyone that's seen my tubs can vouch for my poorness.

I dunno - hanging files have worked decently for me, although I will conceed that expandos = mucho better.

I just haven't had the money to buy expandos. I'm poor, what can I say. AND anyone that's seen my tubs can vouch for my poorness.

this is me vouching for his poorness.

this is me vouching for his poorness.

does anyone know where i can get rubbermaid tubs that have rails for hanging file folders?

thanks

most of the people speaking on hanging files on this thread are right on. the rails break b/c debaters put a lot more stuff in a folder than the normal person.

expands are awesome. however, the disadvantage to them is that they are expensive.

that's why i always did a mixture of manila file folders and expandos. i always utilized my expandos for almost all of my affirmative stuff--everything that i would use often like the 1ac and extension, 2ac frontlines, and general 2ac answers. from there i would then think long and hard and determine what negative positions you're comfortable (whether you're a straight, critical, or global debater). then i would put those positions in expandos.

expandos also make it easy to work with files pre-round and become invaluable as make-shift speaking platforms during debates.

if you can afford, i would attempt to put your backfiles in expandos, but that is hardly a cheap expenditure. however, it works well.

absent the backfile thing, the rest of my file box would be full of manila file folders. they're cheap and you get a lot and reasonably sturdy. i always kept all of our case hits in manila folders in alphabetical order. along with our case hits we kept strat sheets inside each case hit for people in our area who we heard run that particular case with intel.

some people use all manila folders. that's cool too. just be organized that you'll be okay.

basically, stay away from hanging files. they break easy. they're a pain in the ass. they slip off all of the time. and they just don't work well. use manila folders and expandos.

peace,

andrew

i think your conclusion that hanging files suck just because the tubs that hold them are fragile is flawed. i like them because i group my files by argument than alphabetically.

yeah, part of the bottom of my tub broke off, so my cart was pushing the folders out of the tub -_-.

i heard that you could buy tubs for hanging files somewhere on the internet...

He is saying they suck because its hard to navigate. I spent all last year using one of them, and it was one of the most difficult things ever. I did not have a fragile one, it was just a piece of shit. IF you want to spend $50 on a tub that can do hanging files where the tub and Folders are strong then go ahead, but I doubt you will find one. Get a rubbermade Tub and some 3tab folders / expandos and you will be all set!

The classic way to look like a non-policy debater.

If you think so.

I don't care about who or what I look like.

I care about doing well.

and binders aid to that.

which is why I suggest them to anyone.

but thanks.

It would be cheaper to buy a box of matches to burn your hanging folders than to buy "tubs" for them.

Rubbermaid tubs are cheap, durable, and very reliable. And even if your super cheap and do not want to buy expandos (kind of like me) using manilla folders works just as well if you shove enough into a tub, although that makes it alot harder to travel.

Moral of this story- Burn the hanging folders and buy expandos.

So to actually answer the question, you can buy them at any office supply store, I got mine at Office Depot. I like them because I organize my tubs by argument (color of file) and then more specific (color of tab) and then alaphabetically.