DarkZorb

Free Evidence For Novices *Beg here for evidence*

Sorry about the repeat post, but are there any cards that say "nuclear power IS renewable energy"

Hi, I'm writing my 1AC on Cellulosic Ethanol using hemp and I'm not sure where to go to find cards.

I need my full 1AC done by Tuesday so could anyone help?

Thanks.

My partner and I just got 1st Place at our first novice debate tournament, but still lost our 4th round on against an algae case. We had no evidence so we ran Biz Con successfully, but unfortunately still lost for lack of case specific evidence.

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I was wondering if anyone here had some hardcore algae neg. It would be very helpful in the future if we face that school again.

but unfortunately still lost for lack of case specific evidence.

What is that, some kind of weird-as-hell judging paradigm? Stock Issues judge who takes it to the extreme?

Personally, I think the more important thing is to have a winnable strategy. You'll always run into squirrely little cases that there's no way you could've prepared for. Depending on what's allowed of novices in your area, I'd say you should have at least one good T violation for every important word in the Resolution (I think "Substantially" is your best bet with Algae) additionally, get an all purpose CP (like a consultation CP or a UN or NATO CP) and a couple of disadvantages with decent impacts that link to pretty much everything (like McCain or Coal [decreased consumption and price of coal caused by use of alternative energies causes collapse of coal industry and US economy--And no, I don't care that it doesn't seem to link to algae. Tell a good story and you can win it anyway. Disclaimer: it's always better to run DA's which link, but if you've got nothin', something's definitely infinitely better!])

If you have a few good strategies pre-packaged for yourself, it eliminates a lot of pre-round stress and pressure. All you really need to do in most cases as a neg team is throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. I rarely expect to win case attacks because the aff should know their case better than I do! Having a more wide-open approach, though, allows for more flexibility in the 2NR so you're not stuck with the one thing you've been talking about all round and instead can go with whichever one of the four things you're really winning on so you can tell a really clear story to the judge. (And please, god, let that story not begin with "What you're gonna see in the round, Judge...") :)

I'll see if I can find some algae specific stuff for you, I swear I saw somebody else posted some, but I'm not sure where...

Edited to add: here's the link to the AF/Military neg that DDI put out. It's got an Algae solvency frontline in it among other things... http://openev.debatecoaches.org/files/3481

Good luck home-slice!

Edited by Kwahati
add the link

does anyone have a card about how the whole geopolitical realm would be turned completely upside-down or completely changed in a world where we're in space a lot and using it for resources and colonizing, etc?

Does anyone have a card that says Racism = Dehumanization? The Natives aff solves for racism, so I'm trying to link that to Berube '97 to outweigh DA's

Racism, by definition, would be a form of dehum, no? Insofar as you're treating them as lesser, that'd dehumanizing, right?

Does anyone have a solvency turn for terrorism? Ideally, something like "fighting terrorism breeds more hate -> more terrorism".

Fuck that. Read Terror Talk.

Im a novice debater and im wondering if there is any evidence about Daoism and this years resolved. please help!!Thanks!!!

Im a novice debater and im wondering if there is any evidence about Daoism and this years resolved. please help!!Thanks!!!

Yeah, there was something in the camp files. PM me and ill send it to you.

• Downvote 1

Hey guys, I'm a novice, and I'm actually a PF kid, but I beg of you guys to mercifully hook me up with some Hege Good and Bad cards, as it helps with Feb's resolution. Thanks again.

PRIMALSCREAM77

EDIT: Scratch that, some cards or Outsourcing Good and Bad would be amazing.

Edited by PRIMALSCREAM77

Where would I go for cards that say using fossil fuels --> poverty? I'm trying to link the status quo into Gilligan '96 for an advantage

I found that it was easier to do this:

US-EU relations on climate change key to global economy

Global economic collapse = great depression

Gilligan '96

but if you're stuck on fossil fuels, you could try finding cards like

"High fossil fuel prices = econ collapse -> poverty -> Gilligan '96"

the dao neg that was put out by UNT sucks. all it says is that religions such as christianity are better.

however, in the last few pages of the UNT Topicality file, there are some good arguments. Table of Contents labels it is miscellaneous. figured that out after i lost to daoism