Sign in to follow this  
chemicaldanny

Cp idea?

I dunno, I'm just pulling stuff outta my ass.

txt: The United States Federal Government should conscript all known illegal/undocumented workers to <plan>.

benefits are illegal immigration and... i dunno... other stuff...

Oh wait, that's racist, statist, and the fucking worst idea I've ever heard! Aff wins because you're a racist who wants to set up concentration camps for Mexicans. Arbeit macht frei, after all.

Oh wait, that's racist, statist, and the fucking worst idea I've ever heard! Aff wins because you're a racist who wants to set up concentration camps for Mexicans. Arbeit macht frei, after all.

So setting up concentration camps for Americans vs. setting up concentration camps for illegals? Wow - really good arg. man.

Actually, there's some validity to this - argue illegal immigration --> x and x bad things, and how CP uniquely solves for this.

However, it's isn't competitive. Some judges consider this a bad thing.

I think a much more appropriate CP idea is something like "Ban the Draft" against draft affirmatives and the like.

• Downvote 1

the biggest counterplan i see is picing out of "mandatory"

aye aye. voluntary CP -- doesn't work against some affs (say, ones that represent an "expansion" of current policy, like the draft -- the military is already voluntary)

another PIC is for certain minorities, etc. -- a PIC out of conscientious objectors, the Amish (are they considered United States citizens?), or for religious, educational reasons, etc. for example.

another PIC is for certain minorities, etc. -- a PIC out of conscientious objectors, the Amish (are they considered United States citizens?), or for religious, educational reasons, etc. for example.

Yea-Have a few amish friends.

So setting up concentration camps for Americans vs. setting up concentration camps for illegals? Wow - really good arg. man.

Actually, there's some validity to this - argue illegal immigration --> x and x bad things, and how CP uniquely solves for this.

However, it's isn't competitive. Some judges consider this a bad thing.

I think a much more appropriate CP idea is something like "Ban the Draft" against draft affirmatives and the like.

what a terrible post. i don't know why you're still posting.

brennan

Make fun all you want, but the noncitizen PIC will be a player.

Take for instance the HUD aff that will be like a mandatory Habitat for Humanity case. The CP would not have to be mandatory, but rather could offer national service to citizens and noncitizens. This would increase solvency and could avoid some DAs / Ks (like inclusion or borders).

Be very aware that the word citizens will be a player in thsi res to an extent. Also ... GG knee jerk "thats racist" claim.

doesn't the mormon religion already either a-require or b-strong suggest national service be done for two years? I'm thinking about runnin PIC CP while excluding mormons with a mormon backlash da as a net ben.

what about this CP> Have the US do it in Mexico? B/c we all know Mexico needs a little...cleaning...and...dissenfecting.

But who would do it? Mexican volunteers? Yeah right...who...American workers? maybe.

B> make mexico nicer and maybe they'll stay there

doesn't the mormon religion already either a-require or b-strong suggest national service be done for two years? I'm thinking about runnin PIC CP while excluding mormons with a mormon backlash da as a net ben.

if by national service you mean "go on a mission to another country to spread their religion"; then yes.

the biggest counterplan i see is picing out of "mandatory"

not if the new rez passes, you might notice mandatory isn't in it.

also, i think counterplans--- oter than actor counterplan's ---will be stuff like mentioned in other threads like ban DADT or ban some agency, etc

Sign in to follow this