l33t357

Material Witness Neg Strat

Okay, so first on Material witnesses. There was a thread awhile back that had some pretty decent ideas, but being further into the year I was wondering if anyone had any more ideas on it.

So far as I know, the plan text requires that we release all the information surrounding them and they can only be detained for a limited time I think. Something along those lines, but anything in general would help. I lack case specific evidence.

Mafia DA (specific form of Crime DA)

Terrorism DA

Agent CPs (Supreme Court CP with Politics NB or Congress with some court DA NB)

Case Defense

That's all I can think of off hand but I'm sure there's a lot more possible options.

Anybody have the Mafia DA, or can tell me what it says?

It pretty much says:

Uniqueness: The USFG has the ability to detain w/o charge/ search w/o probable cause which hurts the Mafia

Links (vary): The aff ends detention w/o charge/ search w/o probable cause in ways that the Mafia has been caught

Impact: The Russian Mafia will gain enough power to detenate a nuclear weapon in the United States

If the plan text is only to decrease the time to be detained I'd run T on authority b/c of the fact that they're only decreasing time to detain, not the authority to detain.

That would be T:decrease, but thanks for the explanation. USFG doesn't have control over Russian mafia - are you talking about domestic mafias?

Most material witness cases involve solving for material witnesses detained for lengthy periods of time.

There's some evidence out there that indicates that it's currently illegal and already outside the USFG's authority to detain material witnesses for prolonged periods of time. I believe the name of the author is Rosenburg or something close to that.

It's a good way to beat them down on T Authority.

Most material witness cases involve solving for material witnesses detained for lengthy periods of time.

There's some evidence out there that indicates that it's currently illegal and already outside the USFG's authority to detain material witnesses for prolonged periods of time. I believe the name of the author is Rosenburg or something close to that.

It's a good way to beat them down on T Authority.

funny but running T's is a cheap way to win. go oncase and own them. and the problem with running t authority is that affirmative comes up here and just says extend inherency a-d that speak of undefinite detention. they automatically turn the negs base for the t and therefor aff wins.

i should know.. won 3 tournaments in houston with it =)