Sign in to follow this  
leprekan387

SoKan NFL Dec 10/11

Nathan Weinert and Corey Anglemyer are in the Legends of SoKan division.

EDIT: I'm not judging though. Or going to be there.

question: have we reached 30 teams? i know we've typically just barely made 30 in the past (last minute teams even). I'd like to see 3 go again this year.

question: have we reached 30 teams? i know we've typically just barely made 30 in the past (last minute teams even). I'd like to see 3 go again this year.

They were at 34 earlier this week, so withstanding some major incident they should qual 3 this weekend.

do they have lay judges at this tournament too? if they don't i am going to lead a micro-political revolt in order to get my school to join your NFL district.

Trust me, there will be lay judges. But, fret not, lay judges make high school debate what it is. A lot of my most memorable (and most fun) rounds were with lay judges. It takes a lot to judge an activity one did not participate in. So while we all loved having flow judges on occasion, most tournaments simply could not happen without others volunteering their time.

kritiks are no more or less receptive by lay judges than any other argument in debate. If you just make sense, then people will listen. Its all about adaptation. some are easier than others. Foucault? hard to make simple. Deep Ecology? much easier to make simple.

just...make...sense....

kritiks are no more or less receptive by lay judges than any other argument in debate. If you just make sense, then people will listen. Its all about adaptation. some are easier than others. Foucault? hard to make simple. Deep Ecology? much easier to make simple.

just...make...sense....

for some reason, this post was put before the post i was referencing...but then again, i'm drunk...

Trust me, there will be lay judges. But, fret not, lay judges make high school debate what it is. A lot of my most memorable (and most fun) rounds were with lay judges. It takes a lot to judge an activity one did not participate in. So while we all loved having flow judges on occasion, most tournaments simply could not happen without others volunteering their time.

i talked to a college debater at camp about this, and she said that people that say this just can not run with the kritik. it is my activity. i want to do what i want. you do not have lay football officals!

i wanna go to st marks. they do not allow lay judges.

i talked to a college debater at camp about this, and she said that people that say this just can not run with the kritik. it is my activity. i want to do what i want. you do not have lay football officals!

i wanna go to st marks. they do not allow lay judges.

Right, I can run with a kritik well enough to suit me. I am a college debater, and I still think it's a good idea to get lay judge exposure while in high school. In college, things are different, people understand debate and the arguments much better, so it makes sense to up the level of argumentation.

I think if you can't explain a position to a lay person, then you don't really understand the position at all, now do you? It takes a skilled mind to make the complex simple.

Do what you want in your rounds, no one's gonna stop you. Just don't post a thread in complain when a judge couldn't run with your K.

typical, by the way did jeff tell you we took a vote and you are kicked off of the team. Jeff thought CJ would be a more competitive partner for Zack. Thanks for the effort. ;)

Martha

typical, by the way did jeff tell you we took a vote and you are kicked off of the team. Jeff thought CJ would be a more competitive partner for Zack. Thanks for the effort. ;)

Martha

Well that's depressing. The two of them might derail you off of the fast track to a first round though...better watch out!

Martha

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Are you kidding me?

I quit.

Well I got on this site again and this thread to find.. oh, I don't know.. teams and results from the first day maybe? That's what we used to use this for, back in the day, but apparently not anymore. If anyone has any results, I'm curious to know who's out, who's still 2-0, etc.

Results that I know.... Stone/Schremmer are up 3, Dotter/Laramore are up 2, Runyon/Whitson are up 2. I think a FKHS team or 2 are up 3 and a Winfield team too?

Congratulations to everyone who qualified. We had some great rounds today and yesterday and I wish all of the qualifiers the best of luck at nationals. :)