I haven't read most of this thread because most of it's idiotic.

oh yeah, good excuse... you could have said, "i'm a lazy pile of shit and wasn't open-minded enough to read anything that comes into conflict with my point of view."

One of the top executives of the Drug Enforcement Agency (yeah, the guys who are kicking in doors of doctor's offices and shooting down airplanes of tourists for being suspected Columbian drug lords) called marijuana "The safest psychoactive substance known to man." If someone were to pick a vice, marijuana would be the ideal choice.

you're not making any point here. just because it's safer than other drugs doesn't mean we should just legalize it. i've said it probably 30 times in this thread alone, the claim that it's lesser of the evils doesn't justify it's legalization. there is really nothing helping your case.

Cannabis Satvia (pot) leaves have 5x more "tar" than your average tobacco leaves. Thing is, nobody smokes the leaf. They smoke the bud, which has 1) fewer carcinogens 2) people don't chain smoke joints like they do cigarettes, and 3) if you smoke from a water pipe or bong, it filters out many of the harmful chemicals. The smoke from the cannabis plant doesn't constrict the tiny airways deep within the recesses of your lungs like tobacco does, either, making it actually much better for your lungs to smoke pot and tobacco than just tobacco alone. It's also never, EVER, been linked to a case of lung cancer by itself.

okay, unfortunately, you have no idea what you're talking about. i got down to #3 and stopped there. lesser of the evils argument. trying to justify pot because cigarettes are worse. blah blah. this has been argued about 5 times. and no one has even remotely come up with an intelligent response. i'm really missing how this is helping anything you're arguing, or why i should even take the time to argue this for the 37th time.

Studies conducted in Great Britain and Australia indicate that people who drive high are much more capable of driving than people who are drunk.

ah, i see now. it's all become clear. all your arguments revolve around how "pot isn't as bad as ALCOHOL or TOBACCO." see below:

boasting that marijuana is the "lesser of evils" in terms of public health consequences is not a convincing argument for legalizing its use.

People who are high are much less likely to be involved in violent crime, rape, robbery, etc., than people who are drunk.

hahah. god. so this is all you're going to do? should i have just put this into one big quote? because you're just repeating yourself, and really not making any points for a legalization case.

Marijuana isn't physically addictive at all and not any more psychologically addictive than T.V., chocolate, or sex, so that point is just retarded.

oh, it's retarded? sorry, dawg, i dreamt of fallous shit. i'm really not sure if you are serious. if this is serious, well, obviously, you really know nothing about marijuana. sure, it's not physically addictive, but to claim it's as mentally/psychologically addictive as chocolate? are you for real? isn't one of your arguments that if we legalize pot, we'll clear up the court system? the repeat offenders, who just can't kick their habit won't have to worry about anything when it's legal... :rolleyes:

Marijuana doesn't cause insomnia. In fact, many people I know use it as a sleep aid.

exactly. you obviously have no comprehension of what i meant. people do use marijuana as a sleep aid. because, quite simply, they can't sleep without it. the insomnia is related to when a user is sober.

Marijuana does cause a lack of motivation, I'll give you that, but so does being drunk.

haha. lol.

boasting that marijuana is the "lesser of evils" in terms of public health consequences is not a convincing argument for legalizing its use.

THC (the stuff in marijuana that gets you high) DOESN'T KILL BRAIN CELLS. AT ALL. Ethanol does. Marijuana causes memory loss, but so does getting trashed. Everyone goes through one of those "What the hell did I DO last night?" nights during their party career.

this has been discussed in a much more intelligent way before. thc is already legal. the only chemical in pot that has any medicinal value. if you need a prescription, you can get it. but, i'm just not seeing where legalization is coming into contact with any logic or reality.

Marijuana causes infertility as much as T.V., cell phone, and computer radiation does. Taking a hot shower kills sperm. Working out kills sperm. Wearing whitie tighties kills sperm. You're an idiot.

dolt. this entire thing was a stereotypical idiot post. attempting to justify everything, as if that is supposed to make any case to legalize it.

I don't know what the hell "athsma reverse tolerance" means, but people with asthma can handle pot smoke alot more than tobacco smoke.

don't ramble about shit you don't even know. it's ignorant, and it just makes you look like a jackass.

Paranoia? What the hell's the impact to that? What the hell's the impact to ANY of your arguments? None. I've either non-unique or straight turned everything you've thrown out. Quit speaking and do some research. http://www.erowid.com could help.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. yea dawg, read the first 90 posts. you answered one, probably the shortest, and least in depth. congrats, fucktard. nice source. not bias at all. try again, idiot.

Floydian, you're a moron.

Warrant your points (gosh, what a NOVEL idea on a fucking debate website :rolleyes: ) with some hard data or some first-hand knowledge. Until then, we'll all just leave you to your imaginery world where ad hominems, straw mans, and tautologies are socially accepted by the academic community.

i was going to ask you for the same thing. i've provided tons of warrants throughout this thread. it's not my job to repeat everything i type 37 times you idiot. nice answers, though. great job. you are a really good debater, huh? hahaha

Weed is as mentally addictive as chocolate because of the same patterns of behavior surrounding it.

Stoner: "I want to get stoned."

My mother: "I want chocolate."

In fact, I don't think I've ever seen somebody actually start fiending for marijuana yet. I've met several people, however, who are violently addicted to chocolate.

The fact of the matter is, Floydian, my information comes from a number of various, unbiased sources, from erowid (arguably the best and most extensive information on the web) and even the freaking DEA's website. Everything you've said is all your unqualified (since you obviously have never smoked pot) opinion. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend 2 hours going through and posting the links to all of this information when all you're going to say is "Nuh uh!"

if someone says they are addicted to chocolate, they are just a fatass who gets hungry a lot. With weed, every time you think of something to do (i.e. go to a movie, out to dinnner, etc.) its like, "well it wont be as much fun if we dont get blazed."

wow you know what? ABRUS PRECATORIUS aka rosary pea grows in the ground. Its natural. Its a vegetable. Thats the stupidest argument ive ever heard. Just because something grows naturally DOES NOT mean its healthy or safe for you.

and weed is psychologically addictive and much more so than chocolate. i have seen it and experienced it.

fuck this...just go smoke.

get the facts down.

floydian, you're a fag. you are probably some loner nerd who doesnt smoke weed because your mommy said its harmful. chill out dude. if you arent a nerd then you are a kid who likes to party and probably get drunk. well that is more harmful then weed.

and just because you smoke weed doesnt make you a 'stoner' kid who all of a sudden drops out of school. like i said before i smoke pot probably once a month and still make the grades. i have friends who have like 4.8's and smoke pot once a week. its only psychological addicting when you make it that way. if you apply yourself to school/activities you are still the same as if you didnt smoke pot.

i can probably assure you that most of the strongest debaters smoke pot.

CHILL OUT FLOYDIAN. *passes him the bong and lighter*

light it up

hahaha, oh the irony. that was probably the worst attempt at ad hom that i've ever seen.

let's see. i'm a fag? ooh, you hurt my feelings, especially since you're 16 years old. . . :rolleyes:

break it down.

you are probably some loner nerd who doesnt smoke weed because your mommy said its harmful.

nope. my parents are hippies. sorry, you're wrong.

if you arent a nerd then you are a kid who likes to party and probably get drunk. well that is more harmful then weed.

fuck, haven't i said it enough times to beat it into your thick skull? you're not helping a legalization effort. drinking is worse than smoking? who fucking cares? just because something is worse doesn't automatically mean it deserves to be legalized. this is the last time i'm going to respond to this broke ass argument.

and just because you smoke weed doesnt make you a 'stoner' kid who all of a sudden drops out of school. like i said before i smoke pot probably once a month and still make the grades. i have friends who have like 4.8's and smoke pot once a week. its only psychological addicting when you make it that way. if you apply yourself to school/activities you are still the same as if you didnt smoke pot.

reading this thread can help. i said smoking pot occasionally isn't that big of a deal. it makes you a poser, obviously, but nah, you're not a pothead. i was saying those who believe they can smoke weed everyday and can blow right by everything in their lives. it ain't happenin'. it's only psychologically addictive if you make it that way? are you fucking stupid? addiction isn't just some kind of perceptive logic. you can't just say "ooh, i don't know what addiction is so i can't be addicted." it's just absurd. you've obviously been smoking pot for a few months or something. you really don't know what you're talking about.

i can probably assure you that most of the strongest debaters smoke pot.

is this supposed to be an argument? who cares? i don't even do debate.

CHILL OUT FLOYDIAN. *passes him the bong and lighter*

light it up

no thanks, dawg, i don't smoke shitty pot. and i don't smoke pot with posers like you. i've been doing that shit since you were what? 7? 8 years old? you might think you're making some intelligent arguments, if you'd actually take the time to read this thread, you would realize you are one of the worst posters in this thread. you just look like a total dolt. you have a marginal amount of experience and knowledge on all of this, and then you tell someone to "get the facts down."

haha.

hahaha, oh the irony. that was probably the worst attempt at ad hom that i've ever seen.

thats your perspective. i dont fucking care what you have seen. who made you the judge?

let's see. i'm a fag? ooh, you hurt my feelings, especially since you're 16 years old. . . :rolleyes:

i am sorry that you are considered a loner by a 16 year old. most teens my age would think you are cool. obviously not.

nope. my parents are hippies. sorry, you're wrong.

hahahaha what a loser

fuck, haven't i said it enough times to beat it into your thick skull? you're not helping a legalization effort. drinking is worse than smoking? who fucking cares? just because something is worse doesn't automatically mean it deserves to be legalized. this is the last time i'm going to respond to this broke ass argument.

that wasnt my arguement. it was more like a 'why not?' statement. there is no sense in keeping it illegal.

reading this thread can help. i said smoking pot occasionally isn't that big of a deal. it makes you a poser, obviously, but nah, you're not a pothead. i was saying those who believe they can smoke weed everyday and can blow right by everything in their lives. it ain't happenin'. it's only psychologically addictive if you make it that way? are you fucking stupid? addiction isn't just some kind of perceptive logic. you can't just say "ooh, i don't know what addiction is so i can't be addicted." it's just absurd. you've obviously been smoking pot for a few months or something. you really don't know what you're talking about.

you have never been addicted to anything, you wouldnt know. the state of being addicted is when your brain is telling you, "you have to have it". but you really dont. i found myself attempting to be addicted to pot but then stepped away from the psychological thinking. so if you keep telling yourself you need it you will be come addicted.

poser? see below

is this supposed to be an argument? who cares? i don't even do debate.

you call me a poser when your posting on a fucking debate website when you dont do debate. nice try

no thanks, dawg, i don't smoke shitty pot. and i don't smoke pot with posers like you. i've been doing that shit since you were what? 7? 8 years old? you might think you're making some intelligent arguments, if you'd actually take the time to read this thread, you would realize you are one of the worst posters in this thread. you just look like a total dolt. you have a marginal amount of experience and knowledge on all of this, and then you tell someone to "get the facts down."

haha.

again. who made you the judge?

y would u bother to do that if you werent trying to impress anybody? There would be no point in taking all that time to defend urself

either that or people could shut the fuck up. Why the insults? It's a cx thread about weed for fuck's sake. It's not like winning this "debate" online is actually going to change the law. the point is to get exposed to different debater's view on nontopical things...

I personally don't think the US's marijuana laws are reasonable or even fair. The warrants (if you'd call it that) I posted supporting this view aren't that great and I apologize. But there has been some good stuff sprinkled amidst the shit. so stop ruining it, you pansies.

either that or people could shut the fuck up. Why the insults? It's a cx thread about weed for fuck's sake. It's not like winning this "debate" online is actually going to change the law. the point is to get exposed to different debater's view on nontopical things...

I personally don't think the US's marijuana laws are reasonable or even fair. The warrants (if you'd call it that) I posted supporting this view aren't that great and I apologize. But there has been some good stuff sprinkled amidst the shit. so stop ruining it, you pansies.

hypo crit

y would u bother to do that if you werent trying to impress anybody? There would be no point in taking all that time to defend urself

why would defending myself be a mechanism for impressing someone? i try to reject altruism. i was just annoyed by people that say stuff like floydian. so i wanted to state my opinion. is that bad?

you have never been addicted to anything, you wouldnt know. the state of being addicted is when your brain is telling you, "you have to have it". but you really dont. i found myself attempting to be addicted to pot but then stepped away from the psychological thinking. so if you keep telling yourself you need it you will be come addicted.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no, you are seriously a worthless poster. you obviously didn't even glance at the first 90+ posts about this. oh, it's a veggie? that's just idiotic. um. vegetables aren't hallucinogens. and um. i'm pretty sure eating a carrot isn't going to lead to possible psychological depedence, insomnia, amotivational syndrome, possible permanent brain damage, infertility, asthma reverse tolerance, paranoia, etc. etc. etc. etc.

check yourself.

1.anyone that is strong minded will not become psychologicallly dependent; you can tell when your life is getting fucked up, you can tell when you're crossing over the line...

2. insomnia?? i fall asleep all the time when im stoned... sometimes i have to take caffeine pills to stay awake

3.possible permanent brain damage-- who cares?? its never even that much if at all... some of the smartest debators i know smoke at least 2 times a week.

4. asthma-- i've had asthma for fucking ever... i never have problems... sometimes i cough but who dosent??? my asthma hasent gotten worse since i started smoking at all

5. infertility--why would you want to be fertile anyways?? that way you have less of a chance of going out and fucking when your getting pregnant and getting some chick pregnant... besides... you KNOW all the stoners that have a bunch of kids

6. paranoia-- whatever... when you get stoned you calm right down... im bipolar and all fucked up... i started smoking about a year ago and i havent been nearly as paranoid as i used to be.

FLOYDIAN: you need to chill out and stop calling everyone idiots... there are more people opposed to you than with you so obviously your not winning... let the people who just step in here and havent really been following it be the judge... besides... calling someone a poser or to immature to know what they're talking about isnt any kind of a warrant anyways... shit like that dosent get you anywhere... your the one making this thread stupid by dragging in personal insults... you wanted an intellectual debate and anyone that trys to talk to you, you just tell them to shut up and try to make them feel like losers AND dont try and accuse me of not knowing what im talking about... ive been folllowing this thread since it was like 2 pages long... i just never felt like posting

NOTE: on friday i got stoned before a debate round and we won it sooo kick ass... ran 2 kritiks and shit...it was grand

if you actually read this thread like you said you have, then why are you making repetitive arguments?

1.anyone that is strong minded will not become psychologicallly dependent; you can tell when your life is getting fucked up, you can tell when you're crossing over the line...

no. that is just not true. it's been emperically denied by studies and research. this was refuted back in '98, if not earlier. ronald kadden, ph.d./professor of psychiatry at the university of connecticut health center said, "what the participants tell us, and they all say the same thing, is they didn't know how hooked they were until they tried to quit." the symptoms were sufficiently pronounced and compelling so that the easiest course was to continue smoking pot. while the symptoms aren't lethal, they will certainly make you uncomfortable. if you're able to stick it out, you'll get over the addiction. herein lies the problem, very few are able to actually stick it out. while withdrawal effects aren't as bad as heroin, coke, meth, or even alcohol, it is still an addiction. addiction isn't just some perception. it's real. i've seen addiction suck a lot of cats dry in my time.

2. insomnia?? i fall asleep all the time when im stoned... sometimes i have to take caffeine pills to stay awake

you obviously haven't read this thread, because i answered this say 5-7 posts up.

4. asthma-- i've had asthma for fucking ever... i never have problems... sometimes i cough but who dosent??? my asthma hasent gotten worse since i started smoking at all

how long have you been smoking? a year or less, obviously.

5. infertility--why would you want to be fertile anyways?? that way you have less of a chance of going out and fucking when your getting pregnant and getting some chick pregnant... besides... you KNOW all the stoners that have a bunch of kids

what? do you know what infertility is? pot decrease sperm count in men, and in women it inhibits the secretion of reproductive hormones. it affects both sexes adversely. while you are a 15 year old right now, and fertility might not seem like a big deal to you, it is a big deal later on in your life, if you ever grow up...

6. paranoia-- whatever... when you get stoned you calm right down... im bipolar and all fucked up... i started smoking about a year ago and i havent been nearly as paranoid as i used to be.

haha, what? okay, this is a different case, because you're "bipolar and all fucked up," but i'm sure any person in this thread can attest to being paranoid when you're smoking. whether it be the police, someone walking their dog at the park you're smoking at, your parents being able to tell you were smoking, blah, whatever. it's been too long for me to recall upon all of the different cases of paranoia that come with smoking pot.

FLOYDIAN: you need to chill out and stop calling everyone idiots... there are more people opposed to you than with you so obviously your not winning... let the people who just step in here and havent really been following it be the judge... besides... calling someone a poser or to immature to know what they're talking about isnt any kind of a warrant anyways... shit like that dosent get you anywhere... your the one making this thread stupid by dragging in personal insults... you wanted an intellectual debate and anyone that trys to talk to you, you just tell them to shut up and try to make them feel like losers AND dont try and accuse me of not knowing what im talking about... ive been folllowing this thread since it was like 2 pages long... i just never felt like posting

hahaha. this was never about winning. and the funniest part about it all is that i've been able to refute every poster in this thread and i've been one of the only ones arguing against legalization. the fact is, NO ONE in this thread has given ONE good reason why pot should be legalized that i haven't answered ten-fold. i've given dozens of reasons why it should remain illegal. little kids, i get the point, you like smoking pot, that doesn't mean it should be legalized. shit like my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. i've given up on this thread. it isn't worth arguing with you kids. you're not making any intelligent points, not making coherent arguments, and overall you aren't adding anything to this discussion. until someone actually makes some good points, then there is no reason not to insult someone for being repetitive of what has already been answered. i'm sorry that kids who have no idea what they're talking about tends to frustrate me. and if you have read this entire thread, then you certainly have read more than just that one post. because, i've provided about 30+ warrants and arguments as to why it shouldn't be legalized that went unanswered.

NOTE: on friday i got stoned before a debate round and we won it sooo kick ass... ran 2 kritiks and shit...it was grand

SWEET DAWG! YEAH! LIKE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT ROCKS DUDE! YEAH! LIKE SMOKE THE WEED! WHOO!...

i don't care.

personally, i debate better high

seriously its a fact i always have higher speaks and win more rounds high

not too high more in the coming down stage

im much more calm and clearer when spreading and giving analysis

just for clarification I don't think this is about whether debating high is a good/bad idea. The topic is "should it be legalized or non."

Unless...you're suggesting the US federal government base its policy off of whether it will benefit policy debater's efficiency or not...highly doubtful.

if you actually read this thread like you said you have, then why are you making repetitive arguments?.

if different people keep on repeting them each time obviously they are still considered pertinent in this discussion

no. that is just not true. it's been emperically denied by studies and research. this was refuted back in '98, if not earlier. ronald kadden, ph.d./professor of psychiatry at the university of connecticut health center said, "what the participants tell us, and they all say the same thing, is they didn't know how hooked they were until they tried to quit." the symptoms were sufficiently pronounced and compelling so that the easiest course was to continue smoking pot. while the symptoms aren't lethal, they will certainly make you uncomfortable. if you're able to stick it out, you'll get over the addiction. herein lies the problem, very few are able to actually stick it out. while withdrawal effects aren't as bad as heroin, coke, meth, or even alcohol, it is still an addiction. addiction isn't just some perception. it's real. i've seen addiction suck a lot of cats dry in my time..

again... anyone that is strong minded will not become psychologicallly dependent... you didnt answer what i said.

you obviously haven't read this thread, because i answered this say 5-7 posts up.

how long have you been smoking? a year or less, obviously.

i dont see the answers, and yeah i have read it.

ive been smoking for about a year, but what does that really matter? if it was gonna affect it, it would have been affected by now, at least a little bitt

what? do you know what infertility is? pot decrease sperm count in men, and in women it inhibits the secretion of reproductive hormones. it affects both sexes adversely. while you are a 15 year old right now, and fertility might not seem like a big deal to you, it is a big deal later on in your life, if you ever grow up....

eating meat can decrease your sperm count too... a decrease in fertility isnt a reason to outlaw it, maybe a reason to chose not to use it, but not a reason to make it illegal... try a better reason to convince us

haha, what? okay, this is a different case, because you're "bipolar and all fucked up," but i'm sure any person in this thread can attest to being paranoid when you're smoking. whether it be the police, someone walking their dog at the park you're smoking at, your parents being able to tell you were smoking, blah, whatever. it's been too long for me to recall upon all of the different cases of paranoia that come with smoking pot..

i thought you were talking about paranoia when your not stoned... but anyway, obviously your gonna be paranoid about someone noticing, its illegal and socially unacceptable...you would be paranoid about getting caught doing anything illegal... duh??

hahaha. this was never about winning. and the funniest part about it all is that i've been able to refute every poster in this thread and i've been one of the only ones arguing against legalization. the fact is, NO ONE in this thread has given ONE good reason why pot should be legalized that i haven't answered ten-fold. i've given dozens of reasons why it should remain illegal. little kids, i get the point, you like smoking pot, that doesn't mean it should be legalized. shit like my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. i've given up on this thread. it isn't worth arguing with you kids. you're not making any intelligent points, not making coherent arguments, and overall you aren't adding anything to this discussion. until someone actually makes some good points, then there is no reason not to insult someone for being repetitive of what has already been answered. i'm sorry that kids who have no idea what they're talking about tends to frustrate me. and if you have read this entire thread, then you certainly have read more than just that one post. because, i've provided about 30+ warrants and arguments as to why it shouldn't be legalized that went unanswered..

you havent refuted half of the arguments in here with viable arguments, the only thing youve done is call people dumbasses which proves nothing but the fact that you can stoop to the level of name calling. ive heard lots of good and bad reasons why it should be legallized, and lots of reasons why not. im not saying that it should be legallized or not, i just think you need to stop being an ass.

could you please just give the post numbers of these 30+ unanswered arguments, because i dont beleive you, and obvioulsy if no one bothered to answer them, they were such crappy arguments they werent worth wasting the time. besides there are several arguments that you havent answered either. chill out and just answer what people argue instead of calling them iditos

SWEET DAWG! YEAH! LIKE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT ROCKS DUDE! YEAH! LIKE SMOKE THE WEED! WHOO!...

i don't care.

what the hell is that supposed to mean??