Sign in to follow this  
klub_

Iran Related DA

Has anyone been watching the news to see whats happening with Iran and thier radical leader's decision to accelerate their nuclear technology? There has got to be a DA come out of this. The UN security council is even worried and US just shat on themselves.

Plus Iran is, or at least used to be, big buddies with China. So could you extend the China Human Rights Promo to include an Iran story? Or at least Iran implimintation?

One potential story if you could find the internal link evidence for it would be a politics scenario. The Plan could make the conservatives backlash, causing Bush to attack Iran to appease them.

• Upvote 1

it would be hard to find such an internal link b/c they announced it just days ago so no one has had time to comment. But I always like the conservative backlash DA

I'd agree that Iran Strikes is the best way to go about this, but it might be easy to beat considering that it's an advantage of the HUMINT aff that says that HUMINT in SQ will cause Iran Strikes.

it would be hard to find such an internal link b/c they announced it just days ago so no one has had time to comment. But I always like the conservative backlash DA

Well, not specifically about the Iran situation, but cards for this backlash-strike story do exist. And cut some recent cards that are specific to the Iran situation and you'd be rockin'.

I'd agree that Iran Strikes is the best way to go about this, but it might be easy to beat considering that it's an advantage of the HUMINT aff that says that HUMINT in SQ will cause Iran Strikes.

What does "HUMINT" stand for?

We are running a disadvantage like this but we use soft power as our story. It says Bush and neocons would rage war on everybody right now but the rest of the world will get pissed. We say the soft power gained from the plan allows the neocons to continue raging wars like they did in Iraq and there next target is Iran and the impacts are self explanatory

• Upvote 1

What does "HUMINT" stand for?

Human intelligence operations. I got the term off of an SDI file I have on Iranian Intelligence.

• Downvote 1

We are running a disadvantage like this but we use soft power as our story. It says Bush and neocons would rage war on everybody right now but the rest of the world will get pissed. We say the soft power gained from the plan allows the neocons to continue raging wars like they did in Iraq and there next target is Iran and the impacts are self explanatory

clever, yet easily outweighed. last I checked the Bush doctrine didn't include nuking random countries. just bombing them.

• Downvote 1

You dont actually nuke them. All we say is neocons need an opportunity to start a war with Iran. The war will lead to all those nukes and economic collapse due to oil spikes and what not

U: GOP backs Bush now

L: Plan is unpopular, alienates the GOP

I/L: To get the GOP back into his good graces, Bush strikes Iran

!: Nuclear war