loofus

Polygraph AFF

Well, you'll get a better response if you gave some details about what the case and plan say. Without that information, though, I sense fairly massive topicality problems...

chattahoochee runs an aff dealing with polygraphing. something like when you work for the department of energy in nuclear facilities they polygraph test you. ive only heard it once at the beginning of the year, but the advantages i remember were some kind of esponiage story, and maybe a prolif advantage, but on that i could be completely wrong. so basically i was of no help at all in answering the question about this aff

chattahoochee runs an aff dealing with polygraphing. something like when you work for the department of energy in nuclear facilities they polygraph test you. ive only heard it once at the beginning of the year, but the advantages i remember were some kind of esponiage story, and maybe a prolif advantage, but on that i could be completely wrong. so basically i was of no help at all in answering the question about this aff

Polygraphs are lie detector tests. The case says these tests are conducted on nuclear scientists without probable cause. Hooch's story is that these tests destroy worker morale, which hurts US deterrence capability.

What are the best arguments against it?

When I ran up against this case at UM (against Hooch) we ran a CP that solved worker morale in a different way and read polygraph good turns on case.

i.e. he and laura counterplaned out of hooch's internal link....what was the net benefit/you answer to perm do both/how is your cp competitive

Net benefit was polygraph good turns and politics.

Perm do both links to the net benefits.

CP is competitive because it solves case and is net beneficial.

i.e. he and laura counterplaned out of hooch's internal link....what was the net benefit/you answer to perm do both/how is your cp competitive

Net benefit was politics (we went through DOE not Congress) and the case debate, polygraphs are good judge.

Answer to the perm was that it still linked to all of the polygraph good arguments on case. Thus competition. If you care more Bryant, hit me up on AIM

When I ran up against this case at UM (against Hooch) we ran a CP that solved worker morale in a different way and read polygraph good turns on case.

counterplan: give the nuclear scientists free donuts?

I think T is your A-strat. Search = physical with police and shit, otherwise that justifies crazy affs like "USFG will take stipends away from philosophy professors, who keep searching for the meaning of life without probably cause" or "The USFG and all USFG employees will stop using Google."

I was a mess that round (Varsity finals) and didn't really flow the aff.

Does anyone have an digital flow? Or can they at least tell me wether or not they had an impact worst than earthquakes?

Well, the DOE is allowed to polygraph test its employees and potential employees without probable cause. This is deterring computer technicians from working for the DOE. If the DOE didn't have technicians to run computer nuclear simulations, it would have to resume real nuclear testing, which is bad.

The evidence that says nuclear testing will resume... Post 99 as I recall, is pretty old, and along with polygraph tests as deterring employees it lists 11 different things that suck about DOE jobs.

Well, the DOE is allowed to polygraph test its employees and potential employees without probable cause. This is deterring computer technicians from working for the DOE. If the DOE didn't have technicians to run computer nuclear simulations, it would have to resume real nuclear testing, which is bad.

The evidence that says nuclear testing will resume... Post 99 as I recall, is pretty old, and along with polygraph tests as deterring employees it lists 11 different things that suck about DOE jobs.

i understand now.....thank you(_8^(|)

counterplan: give the nuclear scientists free donuts?

Be sure to offer a variety to choose from. Maybe some free coffee as well. I'd settle for that if I were a nuclear scientist.

Be sure to offer a variety to choose from. Maybe some free coffee as well. I'd settle for that if I were a nuclear scientist.

Even better if it included some of those donuts with the sprinkles

Is anyone aware if this affirmative was cut by a camp

love

jamie

nhs 2006

im pretty sure no camps did.

Topicality: "Search without probable cause" doesn't mean a voluntary/consent search?

Theoreretically, few searches are completely mandatory. You can CHOOSE not to go on a plane, use the internet, or drive while black.