BobFriscoDebater

Gitmo Uyghars Neg

I Saw Groves debating some Uygar thing and they won that they wouldn't be sent back to china. Apparently they had some decent cards on it. I don't know who they hit though

They wont be sent back to China...China doesnt want them. Thats the reason for the continued detention and releasing them in the United States is part of ending the detention.

They wont be sent back to China...China doesnt want them. Thats the reason for the continued detention and releasing them in the United States is part of ending the detention.

I thought that China wanted them so they could punish them i.e. torture or w/e and that the U.S. doesn't release them because they'll have to go to china and get tortured.

Here's the thing -- if they use that as their plan text, then by normal means, the Uyghurs get extradited back to China, meaning they don't have access to their advantages. Either it's extra-T, or the case has no solvency. The end. There's no way you can cut this case to get out of both of those.

Normal means given the new mandate would be charge or release. If China really hates they'd probably help us file charges. I haven't seen America hand anyone over, even after a huge German uproar. I doubt we'd take the approach of 'handing terrorists over to the Chinese'.

Normal means given the new mandate would be charge or release. If China really hates they'd probably help us file charges. I haven't seen America hand anyone over, even after a huge German uproar. I doubt we'd take the approach of 'handing terrorists over to the Chinese'.

Yeah but they are innocent they were'nt even terrorists against the US. Means we wouldn't make up charges against them we'd release them and international law says they go to homeland.(China) And even if we did charge them they would China's terrorists not ours and we extradite them.

Sweet quote in your sig. But the problem is that China just had the Uyghurs put on the list of people that the United States was to look for while doing their raids on Afghanistan. We found them and detained them. The Uyghurs arent terrorists, they're just muslims that are trying to separate from China. They dont have a past of violent action, just protest. Thats why the plan says that they should be released here in the US.

1) this case isnt awsome, its just a GITMO case that singles out a group of ppl

2)FYI i do have more important cases on my schedual (VIPR Teams and NSA)

3) im not a femail hygene product, sorry

• Downvote 1