Sedape

Case Ideas

Since we've established that it's topical to run a case about the FDA detaining drugs without charge... I've had a few more ideas in the same vein.

Clothing stores and homes detaining shirts and pants without charge

Blood Banks and Sperm Banks detaining blood and sperm without charge

Cells in the human body detaining mitochodria without charge

Breathing creatures detain air within their lungs without charge

I don't see how those are any less topical. Can anyone think of a reason why those cases don't fit under the resolution?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since we've established that it's topical to run a case about the FDA detaining drugs without charge... I've had a few more ideas in the same vein.

I don't see how those are any less topical. Can anyone think of a reason why those cases don't fit under the resolution?

what would be the advantage of releasing mitochondria? or any of these

1. None of these have anything to do with USFG authority, these just deal with the Authority of a store or person...or cell.

2. Name an advantage to releasing pants. I can think of a few disads it would link to.

3. The blood bank idea would create a mass influx of death as sperm and blood save, and in some instances, create life. Furthermore the examination of blood can be vital to projects such as the human genome project that theoritically could save billions of lives. Basically the aff would be a really bad idea.

4. Mitochondria are in cells so respiration occurs. Post plan everything dies. Links to any extinction bad frameworks(ie schell) and some anthro stuff(human plan kills all plants/animals). Furthermore if you could give me a solvency mechanism for releasing all mitochondria in every cell I'd simply be amazed.

5. Okay your lung idea links to the same extinction bad, anthro, no solvency mechanism as above.

I enjoy the creativity but these are cases that probably should not be run. Its alway fun to think of cases that could be squirelly and topical but on the whole these four cases aren't topical and also have no real advantages. If you want to talk about some potentially devastating affs that aren't well known, PM me and I'll hook you up with any files you need.

• Upvote 1

With some loose interp, any halfway topical case can be debated. The few you listed are extremely untopical. The FDA case deals with the USFG, yours do not. If you are a good T debator, you could beat someone with an FDA case.

How bout the congress detaining oil in ANWR by not allowing for further exploration or drilling- or perhaps any oil we have already drilled for - we're holding oil hostage!

• Downvote 1

Wait, you can't allow drilliing in ANWR, that would give oil companies the ability to search the earth for oil, not only without probable cause, but under USFG authority.

The USGF should substancially reduce its authority to detain snack foods without charge in vending machines in federal buildings.

We will use this instance as a metaphoric condensation of the horrors of capitalism. The affirmative advocacy will represent a way to reject capitalism.

We're detaining food snacks in vending machines and the point of the aff isn't actually about the policy option, it's a mildly topical way to run a cap bad case. Oh yeah and I was obvious completly serious and planning on running the case, so it's good that you treated the situation so well.

• Downvote 1

Wait, you can't allow drilliing in ANWR, that would give oil companies the ability to search the earth for oil, not only without probable cause, but under USFG authority.

No, there's probable cause to believe that:

1. There's oil there.

2. That oil can be sold for a profit.

Also, it's not a search. The oil has already been found.

No, there's probable cause to believe that:

1. There's oil there.

2. That oil can be sold for a profit.

Also, it's not a search. The oil has already been found.

We're detaining food snacks in vending machines and the point of the aff isn't actually about the policy option, it's a mildly topical way to run a cap bad case. Oh yeah and I was obvious completly serious and planning on running the case, so it's good that you treated the situation so well.
And I was also being serious when I said to release my chips into the wild.

The USGF should substancially reduce its authority to detain snack foods without charge in vending machines in federal buildings.

just be ready to lose debate after debate where the 1NC reads 8 minutes of capitalism good turns.

Is a fetus being detained? - I mean if the state won't allow abortion - and they are acting under federal law - does that mean the USFG is allowing a fetus to be detained w/o a charge?

forgive me; i feel a need to act on WGLF's behalf:

VACUOUS.

• Upvote 1

An aff I thought about (never seriously) was to allow euthanasia (ban antisuicide laws or whatever). The USFG is detained people in their bodies w/o charge. It'd basically be a fear of death K turned into an aff case.

• Downvote 1

Once the WGLF had on their block a euthanasia website. churchofeuthanasia.com if i remember correctly. It is not for the feint hearted.

• Downvote 1

Is a fetus being detained? - I mean if the state won't allow abortion - and they are acting under federal law - does that mean the USFG is allowing a fetus to be detained w/o a charge?
No.

An aff I thought about (never seriously) was to allow euthanasia (ban antisuicide laws or whatever). The USFG is detained people in their bodies w/o charge. It'd basically be a fear of death K turned into an aff case.

I actually almost wrote that aff. I instead wrote some neg stuff.

We will use this instance as a metaphoric condensation of the horrors of capitalism. The affirmative advocacy will represent a way to reject capitalism.

but it is with charge...i have to pay to get the chips.

• Upvote 2