Sign in to follow this  
friedfun2001

Korematsu Advantages... and other Questions

I was wondering beyong the normal racism, internment bad, and deference bad advantages, what are some other advantages that could be attatched to this case, and what is the best way to run advantages together against a policy style opponent or a kritik style opponent????

Another question: Does anyone know of any good cards saying that something similar will occur in the future (not only signs of it in the recent past)???

Another question (the last one): I have read the Endo decision several times and looked it up on Google and everything, and I am yet to figure out why it takes out the Korematsu case. Can anyone enlighten me on this one too?

Thanks!!!!

which camp kormetasu are u using bcs in some of camps, they say that koreatsu stands as a valid precedent for the judges today and that leads to decision based on race. if u need some kormeatsu supplement let me know.

The Endo case made sure that people could not be denied their writ of centruri (sp?). It dealt with a Japanese person that was interned along with the rest of the Japanese, she said that the government had no reason to intern her. The SCOTUS agreed. The decision set a precedent that no one who is loyal to the country can be interned. This decision, if used right can beat the Korematsu case. If you run it right, it knocks out the inherency pretty well. All you have to do from there is get the judge to drop the Adv (i.e. there is no inherent problem, thus there is nothing to solve.)

Hope that helps. I run the Endo cards every time I hit Korematsu, and I haven't lost. All I did was explain it well and made sure that I had other things on the neg as well. I would run a Terrorism DA, Courts DAs, and all the T I could think of. This usually tears Korematsu down to size.

Sign in to follow this