duallain

Idaho Nat Quals.

At Eagle High School on Jan. 27th (ish) with the Kuna Kaveman Klassic opposite it for those not going to Nat Quals.

Who All is going?

Borah

Policy

Alan Alexander - Jessica Lodal

PDF

Sam Hafer - Jordan Greene

Colt Sleight - Micheal Reimers

and ppl going to kuna probably include

LD

Selma

Le Loni

Crystal

Weeee Lillle Fife

Evan (?)

Policy

Spencer - ??

And that is probably it.

BTW-- I know this is way early, but you know, hey why not?

Wait, im confused now. Does eastern Idaho have a different tournament to qualify for nationals (i think so....) But, im pretty sure the debate coach at school said we were going to eagle on the 27th......but he didnt say it was for nat quals.

Dude, i just watched fight club...im trippin.

Nat quals is at the same time as the traditional eagle tourney, and the kuna tourney is setup as an overflow for those not wishing to participate in nat quals. I don't know what you all are doing but it seems logical that some of you are going to Nat quals.

PS i hit some Skyline(view?) (the one by you) kids and they were pretty freaking good. We only won on the fact that the judge liked my dancing (ok well not really, but close enough) my point being, that you should commute over there and get some learning from their coach.

you should commute over there and get some learning from their coach.

Yeah that coach is amazing. He debates at ISU as well. He judged my novice finals round and gave us the most amazing oral critique.

Eagle is unsure yet to who all is going to Nat Quals but, we'll throw down a pretty sweet tourny, thats for sure.

is skyline the one who runs that derrida k?

Yea, one of skyline's teams runs derrida.....every round. From talking to other skyline kids...they havent won many rounds with it..but..whatever.

In terms of their coach...he kinda freaks me out. I was judging a round at our local novice tournament..and he was watching it..and we were discussing the round...debate...crazy shit people run...etc....i dunno..he just freaks me out a little...laughed at EVERYTHING i said. I mean...jesus.....Secondly...im way to lazy to drive across town to talk to the skyline kids.

The last post on this was a month ago, and though I didn't feel comfortable disclosing that far out, i will now.

Plan: The United States federal government should pass and impliment fully H.R. 1059, the, "Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2005."

Advantages of rights, (for slow judges only rights) and possibly terrorism/military readiness. I may read a narrative with it. Haven't decided yet, but I've cut it.

Also

Plan: The United States Supreme Court should rule in the next available test case that in the case of consent searches all law enforcement officers should inform drivers of their right to refuse the search, and adhere to that drivers response.

it's a big narrative by carbado. Please dont run CRT or CLS on us, pleassse. or heck even intersectionality on us, It is just a bad idea.

Negative.

Ill prolly run 5 min of t for the 1nr, and oncase das, plus some enforcement stuff (police backlash, CMR etc.) and be reading your case and doing about 5 mins of anyalitics. It'll be fun,

I'm going uber comm this tourney, and so I'd like to appologize to Yusuf and the other judges who like K debates for not doing so, but you really dont want to hear my K inter, so meh.

sweet man, thanks for disclosing.

I will be running the bell v. wolfish. Plan: Over turn bell v. Wolfish to require probable cause for body cavity searches.

or something like that.

advantages: dehumanization, and privacy

Neg.

uh, Don't really have a set plan actually. Probably CMR, and fear of crime, then on-case.

---------

Idaho Falls will be sending

Piet/Bowman

and two novice teams that i can't remember their last names.

EDIT: Does anyone know how many teams will qualify for nationals?

Whatever, that's cool by me, centennial is the only school im really afraid of as a school, the rest of y'all are just a team by team basis for me being scared.

ohh, and Yusuf, the madison thing was that madison qualed last year, running mostly 5 plank fiat as a neg position. and there may be more, but that's why i dislike madison.

oh. i thought he meant something else. clearly to point out the obvious, i don't see why that would discourage debaters from competing in the tournament.

for the last god knows how many years a lot of the more prominent debate teams have been boycotting the tournament because the east side folk didn't follow the rules (it was supposed to be on different sides of the state every year - the east one year, the west the next). as a result you didn't see judges from schools like boise, timberline, capital, and borah along with some of the other schools on the western half of the state at the tournament. that, along with the location of the tournament, led to a shit ton of shitty judges and shitty debaters making for a shitty tournament. and so schools like madison, idaho falls, skyline, and so on end up winning the tournament (usually their b or c team, too).

now that it's on the western side, the part of the state that isn't the east, the quality of the tournament should be a lot better. not only are the teams that were boycotting the tournament going to be there (well, at least i think so - stan told me that he and what'sherface from capital would go if it were in the region), a lot of the teams from the east are suddenly going to be unable to make it (lack of funding, lack of interest, etc) and will probably lose a lot of debates due to a far superior judging pool and better competition.

unless, of course, western teams choose not to compete (hey, look, it's the obvious). which is why all of you should go - by showing up you improve your chances of winning. the more good debaters and the more good judges involved the less likely teams like madison will be able to pick up ballots. if good debaters skip out (*ahem*) then bad teams will pick up rounds. if good schools skip out (*ahem*) then there will be fewer judges to make qualified decisions as to who will win the capital a vs. horseshoe bend d round.

I agree with everything yusuf typed.

Herby worked hard for this tournament to be on our side of the state and i think many western idaho teams will benefit from it (or at least i hope so). And even if the judging pool does suck beating the east at their own game can be a lot of fun (i.e. state last year and tony/mike qualling to nats).

Good luck to all teams and i hope the judging is decent.

Are you judging yusuf, are you still in boise?