klub_

Random School Drug Testing and Extrodinary Rendition

Yesterday, I went to a tournement in Abilene and came across two cases that I had nothing on: Random Drug tests in schools and Extrodinary Rendition. I would love to trade files for some good neg evidence on these cases because I have nothing.

klub_@hotmail.com

thanks,

Caleb

How's fism work for school drug testing?

-J

I don't know about you, but, I don't know of too many federal agents conducting drug searches at schools.

Exactly. That's the uniqueness. Currently, the USFG isn't meddling in school drug testing affairs. When you have USFG saying "sorry, you can't do that, even though schools are your jurisdiction," then you see impacts. Civil war, whatever.

Works great for states/state courts CP.

Exactly. That's the uniqueness. Currently, the USFG isn't meddling in school drug testing affairs. When you have USFG saying "sorry, you can't do that, even though schools are your jurisdiction," then you see impacts. Civil war, whatever.

I don't get that

On ex. rendition do not read anything on case. Read two T shells talking about detaining and go straight T in your 2nr. You can win on T think about it.

The aff plan moves prisoners to a different prison. Nothing more... What does this have to do with detaining without charge? It in no way inhibits the govs. ability to search w/ out prob cause or detain w/ out charge. It simply moves the prisoners.

Write a specific T violation to Ex. Rendition and read T USFG = whole with it.

As for Da's you have nice stories for econ da's, it costs quite a bit of money to shut down prisons an ship a few 1000 prisoners half way across the world, and then further it costs solely more US money once they are detained on our soil.

THIS IS THE LEAST TOPICAL CASE I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR, read a few random Da's for time suck, and go straight T and you should win, we have every time this year.

I'm not too sure about Random School Drug Testing as being a good (or topical) affirmative case.

Extraordinary Rendition has been around for a while though, so I recommend getting some good negative on that.

Works great for states/state courts CP.

Well, my original post was more to the effect the case really solves nothing since no federal agents are searching schools.

But, to answer your position.. if the plan is telling states not to search that would be extra topical under its. So, you have no link unless the case is not topical.

does anyone here actually run school drug searches as an aff? my coach wants me writing it as an aff for my novice and jvers, but does anyone who runs it have answers to t- USFG? that sounds like a pretty solid neg arg.

does anyone here actually run school drug searches as an aff? my coach wants me writing it as an aff for my novice and jvers, but does anyone who runs it have answers to t- USFG? that sounds like a pretty solid neg arg.

If you can answer the xtra-T debate.

Also, effects don't have to be topical - if it's a federal mandate, such as a constitutional ruling, and just happens to affect the states, that doesn't mean it's untopical - it just means that state adherence is an advantage of plan.

The xtra-T and T debate can be remedied. I'd be more worried about the Federalism link, though, especially with the viability of the States CP.

ya, the jvers in my area really arent smart enough to know how to run anything like a cp. im pretty sure all anyone hears is like, terror DA and case and sometimes T. I could just see some varsity captain giving their jvers a t shell to them to read and my kids not knowing how to answer it.

federal adj. Of or constituting a form of government in which power is distributed between a central authority and a number of constituent territorial units (as states) (a federal government) [Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, 1996]

someone posted that definition in another thread, which looks like a decent enough c/i for T, and for t- decrease authority couldnt i just argue that TLO allows the USFG to search w/o prob cause at schools (i dunno if thats true) and overturning it decreases that authority?

so then i guess i just have to figure out how to answer extra t.

also does anyone know if there are any other advantages besides privacy? I cant think of any except a few like racism which would have some pretty weak links.

i've hit this case a few times- the best adv. I have seen are economy and extracurricular activites (deters acceptance so they don't join and so on) i also saw an interesting FFA adv. but it has a weak link (it's from JDI i believe) ya this case is either extra topical or you can never reach any advantages b/c if you don't stop all drug testing you can never stop all the bad stuff that happens from drug testing

• Upvote 1

ya, the jvers in my area really arent smart enough to know how to run anything like a cp. im pretty sure all anyone hears is like, terror DA and case and sometimes T. I could just see some varsity captain giving their jvers a t shell to them to read and my kids not knowing how to answer it.

federal adj. Of or constituting a form of government in which power is distributed between a central authority and a number of constituent territorial units (as states) (a federal government) [Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, 1996]

someone posted that definition in another thread, which looks like a decent enough c/i for T, and for t- decrease authority couldnt i just argue that TLO allows the USFG to search w/o prob cause at schools (i dunno if thats true) and overturning it decreases that authority?

so then i guess i just have to figure out how to answer extra t.

also does anyone know if there are any other advantages besides privacy? I cant think of any except a few like racism which would have some pretty weak links.

Actually, that's exactly what you want to argue. TLO gives the federal government authority, and the "intent" of your plan is to eliminate that authority. It's not your fault if your case centers around an offset effect of plan, i.e. state school searches.

Advantages for it could be numerous. It could be argued that more drug searches happen in schools where minorities are the schools, creating a world in which students are processed as criminals, making drug use, gangs, etc. inevitable. Like, racism links on this aff. are absolutely enormous - I'd exploit that shit royally.

You might even be sneaky and run Federalism as an advantage - that the federal government will eventually use the WOT or some other bullshit to search a state school, and that will be when Federalism goes out the window. Also, there's lot of answers to the obvious turns, that killing the state authority to search kills federalism, by saying that Constitutionality has never hurt states rights, and doesn't promote a downfall in Federalism cuz it just establishes individual rights.

• Upvote 1

ya.. i really dont like it. my coach is like 'get a nuc war impact from drug searches will kill us democracy!'.... but im not seeing it.

i'll prob just talk to him about just rewriting gtmo for them instead. this aff seems like a lost cause.

i dunno. like i said, the jvers arent smart and this wont link to terrorism so other teams wont know what to run against it. i'll think about it.