Sign in to follow this  
NuggetX18

Echelon

As far as I can see with this case...it has absolutly no warrents to it whatsoever. Like all the solvency...which in the case that I have seen lacks an ass load of solvency becaus it's only one card and even that card doens't mention the word Echelon or say anything about what the tag says. Is there a neg file out there that counters this aff specifically or has someone written blocks for it??? hit me up on here or my AIM which is ravagex2004. Or if need be, send it to beavis17@gmail.com.

If you've never heard of Echelon, you can learn about it here (to take a single site from a Google search). No one's running the Aff in my area, but I presume it would in some way decrease the U.S. participation in the project...

The United States federal government should substantially decrease its authority to search without probable cause by requiring court warrants based on probable cause to ensure Constitutional search by Echelon.

its bascially surveilliance by like cell phones i think...but anyway...this case seems to have nothing good to it. None of the cards specifically talk about how putting warrents on searches done by echelon would solve for the harms so should I treat it as a regualr surveilance aff or like go striaght on case on why case should fall because of the fact they have no solvency?

Why no solvency?

I saw Echelon while surfing the web...I thought it was a good case idea, but I never bothered to write one.

yea it's interesting but there is no solvency directly saying that making searches done by echelon constitutional would solve for totalitarianism and the violations to the amendments.

yea it's interesting but there is no solvency directly saying that making searches done by echelon constitutional would solve for totalitarianism and the violations to the amendments.

Show us a brink or even uniqueness for totalitarianism and amendment violations. The only offense Echelon has is a rights framework, which even then is horribly N/U because Echelon has been around forever. You can't even get relations advantages from it, simply because almost every country is associated with/loves Echelon.

Also, there are so many alt. causalities to totalitarianism and amendment violations that negatives have no trouble finding CP's that solve all of your IL's, and also solve some other scenario that actually has a unique terminal impact.

As for the Echelon case though, I think it's a good case in the respect that due to its lack of unique terminal impacts, the debate for Echelon removal comes down to a huge deon/rights framework. It tends to go away from the 10% chance of nuclear annihilation, and tends to go more towards a real harms/case side debate, considering that there is no uniqueness for any terminal impact.

On the negative of it though, I'd agree, Solvency is a huge issue, however, for different reasons. If the US wants this information so badly, you gotta realize that plan only stops US association with the Echelon program, i.e. our contributions and direct use. It does nothing to stop our requesting information from other countries, and anything that would solve for this deficit = hella xtra T

All and all, terminal impacts are N/U, and with most circuits, it's not functionally competitive really.

Yeah, about five months ago there was a really big thread on this site talking about the possibility of making an aff about this. I'm pretty sure we decided that it would suck, for a few reasons. One, there's no real evidence that it exists, Two, there's no real impacts, Three, it links hard into every disad you could wish for without any way to counter them, and Four, I think the US stopped participating.

Of course, this could all be wrong, I'm just trying to remember why no one wrote the aff.

If you really like the idea of the whole tech-searchy aff try writing Carnivore, like GDS runs. It's about government searches of internet data packets, it's a lot like echelon except the ev about it is more recent. I think the government doesn't call it Carnivore anymore, that they started using some other kind of software. However, they're still doing that program.

on the contrary there is alot of evidence on this subject but its all pre iraq, specifically regarding transatlantic relations. there is also very good and specific internal links to k args such as biopower, globalization, and state of execption. There is specific solvency for this case but its hard to find, your best bet aginst this case is probably Impact turning it and running an empire k or running consult the EU(there are specifics for this cp)

anyways, who in az is actually running the case

on the contrary there is alot of evidence on this subject but its all pre iraq, specifically regarding transatlantic relations. there is also very good and specific internal links to k args such as biopower, globalization, and state of execption. There is specific solvency for this case but its hard to find, your best bet aginst this case is probably Impact turning it and running an empire k or running consult the EU(there are specifics for this cp)

anyways, who in az is actually running the case

No one from our team is running it. I just got the case from a friend and looked at it.

Sign in to follow this