Sign in to follow this  
theendhasnoend45

Flint Hills NFL @ Manhattan (Dec 16-17)

NFL qual is at Manhattan this year kids

I'm sure everyone wants to know what the judging will be like and who all will be there...(That seems to be the trend now a days...)

So yeah.

Micken/Nelson and Kauffman/Casey from Shawnee Heights will be there

Who else plans to make the trek to the Little Apple (Ha, get it..its a pun)

Later..

NFL qual is at Manhattan this year kids [. . .]

Who else plans to make the trek to the Little Apple (Ha, get it..its a pun)

Johnny...don't be such a douche.

• Downvote 1

I am not a douche.

I'm sorry that I'm an avid supporter of puns in our society..

Except they've been calling Manhattan "the little apple" for a very very long time....

Originality Points awarded:

none.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, so I got owned.

Okay, so update on the tournament

Mickens/Nelson and Stubbs/Deever from SHHS are still in it going into round 4

Other notable teams:

Jack/Ellis - MHS

Geroix/Rosen - THS

Atwood/Brier-Green - THS

Wenke/Katz - WaRu

Miller/Oyler - SLake

Other than that, I am unsure...Just a quick update of some of the big guns...

Should be one hell of a Saturday...

Update from Nelson, so if it's wrong, lynch him:

Miller/Oyler hit Giroux/Rosen, both undefeated, in round 6.

Nelson/Mickens drop their second round round 5.

Beyond that, I really don't know.

Straight from Eric Giroux. . .

Qualifiers include:

Silver Lake - Olyer/Miller

WaRu - Higgens/Petty

T-High - Giroux/Rosen

If I'm not mistaken, that ends the longest and most inexplicable streak in Kansas debate: Silver Lake's never having had an NFL policy debate qualifier.

I do believe 4th, 5th and a couple of other people have failed to be mentioned. The fourth place team, WaRu Wilkins/Hamilton -- we hit in the go round. It was a really fun, slow, on-case debate. We walked out of the round knowing that we had just had a good go-round debate -- those 45 minutes in between the decision and announcements almost killed me.

5th place - T-High Atwood/Beier-Green -- as always, getting the worst draws in America. But they sitll managed to make it to Round 6, which is really impressive given who they debated throughout the tournament, hitting teams such as WaRu Katz/Wenke, WaRu Higgins/Petty, and Manhattan.

Oh, on a sidenote: I forgot to tell Mrs. McComas how much I liked her boots today. I guess the message will get to her somehow. :)

• Downvote 1

Oh, on a sidenote: I forgot to tell Mrs. McComas how much I liked her boots today. I guess the message will get to her somehow. :)

They were indeed fantastic.

Even moreso, was seeing her scraping snow off of the T-High Van on the way out of Manhattan. (Should have made the qualifiers do it..Seems fair. Haha)

Pam loves those boots; I swear, she wears them every day. I would have never thought her to be a pink person. lol. Also, her comment to "Mr. Oyler" at the opening assembly was hilarious.

Pam loves those boots; I swear, she wears them every day. I would have never thought her to be a pink person. lol. Also, her comment to "Mr. Oyler" at the opening assembly was hilarious.

I'm not going to lie, I laughed. In return, I figured that my post above was justice enough.

OMG, YOU ARE TEH SEXIST!!!!!11111111ONEONEOneone

...lol

• Downvote 1

OMG, YOU ARE TEH SEXIST!!!!!11111111ONEONEOneone

...lol

Since when is referring to Pam McComas as a person "sexist"?

I'd really love to hear the warrants on this.

At any rate, maybe one percent of feminists (lesbian separatists) would actually agree with you. . .

At any rate, maybe one percent of feminists (lesbian separatists) would actually agree with you. . .

LINK: THE TERM 'PERSON' CONTAINS SEXIST HE/MAN LANGUAGE THROUGH THE USE OF SON, WHICH CONNOTATES THE MALE IMAGE. PATRIARCHY IS SUSTAINED THROUGH HE/MAN LANGUAGE WHICH NORMALIZES AND ENCODES A MALE STANDARD.

Dale S*****r in 1980 (Source: M** M*** L*******, Page: 157)

The effects of he/man language are considerable for both sexes. This is literally a man-made product which serves to construct and reinforce the divisions between the dominant and the muted groups. He/man makes males linguistically visible and females linguistically invisible. It promotes male imagery in every day life at the expense of female imagery so that it seems to reinforces the belief of the dominant group, that they males, are the universal, the central, important category so that even those who are not members of the dominant group learn to accept this reality. It predisposes us to see more male in the world we inhabit, so that we can, for example, project male images on to our past and allow females to go unnoticed; we can construct our theories of the past, including evolutionary ones, formulating explanations that are consistent only with male experience. He/man also makes women outsiders, and not just metaphorically. Though the use of he/man women cannot take their existence for granted: they must consistently seek confirmation that they are included in the human species.

ALT: REJECT HE/MAN LANGUAGE AND PROMOTE FAIRNESS/EQUALITY THROUGH THE USE OF THE WORD 'PERSYN.' THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE FOR PATRIARCHY

OMGZ, J00 ARE STIL TEH SEXIST!!!!!111

lol I really enjoy talking about this..So much fun..

Are you being serious?

And if so, why are you so fucking retarded?

Are you being serious?

And if so, why are you so fucking retarded?

Uh. . . what?

Johnny calls McComas a person, and says that's sexist. I'm merely making an observation about a bad Feminist joke.

Uh. . . what?

Johnny calls McComas a person, and says that's sexist. I'm merely making an observation about a bad Feminist joke.

It's okay

Calm down

Everything will be alright