Sign in to follow this  
hdmhuSMN

Terry v. Ohio Solvency and Harms

Judging on what you know of the Terry v. Ohio case, would you vote Aff or Neg?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Judging on what you know of the Terry v. Ohio case, would you vote Aff or Neg?

• AFFIRMATIVE ALL THE WAY, I LIKE MY 4th AMENDMENT RIGHTS!
    • Affirmative, it makes sense.
    • Affirmative OR Negative, either way, I just don't like the case.
    • Negative, it makes no sense
    • NEGATIVE, THIS CASE IS CRAP, NOT TO MENTION NOT TOPICAL!

Ok, I know I'll get crap for this, but I actually run TvO and I need cards to answer these two questions ASAP!!!!!!!!!

"When is the next test case exactly?" -1st Neg:S:

I need a card on this!!!:rolleyes:

"How many times does this happen a year?" -2nd Neg:eek:

I need a card on this!!!:BB

Please help!

email: HayBayMae4SMN2@aol.com

aim: HayBayMae4SMN2

TERRY’S STOP AND FRISK DOCTRINE PLACES THOUSANDS UNDER SEIGE

Steven Zeidman, Associate Professor, CUNY School of Law, FORDHAM URBAN LAW

JOURNAL, March 2005,

As New York's Attorney General, Eliot Spitzer, observed,

for every stop-and-frisk,

and that they may fill out, at most, 1 in 5, or 1 in 10. In which case we may have had several

hundred thousand stops-and-frisks, with only the five to ten thousand arrests, in which case the ratio

would become that much more overwhelming ... . The further recognition that the victims of this

rampant stop-and frisk practice were overwhelmingly young black and Latino men led him to

conclude that police searches were "the most serious civil rights issue ... facing the city." That is

indeed a "problem"; a huge problem. Communities of color are under siege. In a series of interviews

with more than forty black and Latino residents of Bedford-Stuyvesant and Bushwick, a reporter

found that "all but a handful of those interviewed said they or a relative had been stopped for

questioning by the police."

• Downvote 1

what i say is that since its happening all the time then another one of the cases will come up but you have to have cards with all the names of similar cases that deal with terry.

except for one tiny little glaring problem - frisking is not defines as a search and therefore doesn't need Probable cause. Making this untopical. And what are you going to claim - a racism advantage...

Umm it kind of depends on each debate, any case is winnable

I have got a couple of versions of this aff. I made a version myself as well. If anyone wants it, PM me. I also agree that if you get past T, terry is a good case. With some loose definitions on search and federal government, it can be done. I have done it. I took first at a tourney with it.

Sign in to follow this