jmiller

Lincoln County, January 7

This may be early, but considering we are only in school one day before the tournament... who currs...

btw- try not to spam:

Trion is coming down to support our Single A friends in Lincolnton. We are bringing 3 or 4 varsity teams and 3 or 4 JV teams. Hopefully this year Trobaugh won't take the darn scenic route.......

Trion is coming down to support our Single A friends in Lincolnton. We are bringing 3 or 4 varsity teams and 3 or 4 JV teams. Hopefully this year Trobaugh won't take the darn scenic route.......

Darn the scenic route!!!

Calhoun will be making the trip over. Judge Bearden is still trying to configure teams. We're coming over Friday night tho.

In varsity we are sending 10th graders paired with 9th graders in varsity. 9th grader with 8th in jv, and a novice team. Yep, new cases (except for novice, of course). Sending our top PF team in preparation for Sacred Heart.

Thomas White *Pauses for the cheers.* Will be judging varsity policy... Fear the wrath of my judging...

Here's EC's lineup:

Varsity Policy:

Autumn Williams/Stephanie Barr

Novice Policy:

Mark Culpepper/somebody or nobody

Judges:

Dan Bagwell (novice policy)

Frankie Berry (maybe novice policy)

Thomas White (Makes sure my butt looks okay before walking out the door)

I'm not sure what comment to make to that... Oh i'm bringing my x-box by the way...

I'm not sure what comment to make to that... Oh i'm bringing my x-box by the way...

And I'll bring the Cheetos.

hmmm, cheetos.... DELICIOUS gifts from God (the Higher Power for you more plotically correct people.)

I may have to go maverick in varsity just for the sake of not having a bye at our tournament. The thought of having Thomas judge is scaring the heck out of me...but it may have something to do with the fact that I've never gone maverick, nor have I gone varsity without another more experienced debater.

I may have to go maverick in varsity just for the sake of not having a bye at our tournament. The thought of having Thomas judge is scaring the heck out of me...but it may have something to do with the fact that I've never gone maverick, nor have I gone varsity without another more experienced debater.

Turns out that i will be judging IEs instead... Thank God there, I would not have been able to stand that many hours of policy. I couldn't even stand it when I debated geez.

Does LCHS have wireless???

*Rises out of her coffin*

Yes, we do.

Stepping out of my self-imposed Cross-x exile to fill everyone in on how things are looking for this weekend (given that inquiring minds generally want to know these things). . .

As of now, we have (not including Amy, who will get thrown in if we have an odd number somewhere) 34 teams in varsity, 10 teams in JV, and 20 teams in novice. (Two other coaches have told me that they're entering teams but haven't sent official entries. . . their teams would bump the numbers up to 36 varsity and 11 JV.) We have 8 PF teams, 2 LDers (Nik and Stephen will likely be called upon to jump in to give them people to debate), 3 extempers, 10 OOs, 12 HIs, 4 DIs, and 6 duos. I'm going to add impromptu for anyone who wants to compete in it. . . several coaches have asked about it, so it should have about 10 contestants, I think.

In terms of schools, the following will be in attendance:

Allendale-Fairfax (SC)

Cairo

Calhoun

Camden

Carrollton

Cass (?)

Central Gwinnett

Chattachoochee

Decatur

Dodge

Early

Evans

GACS

Lakeview

LC

Mary Persons

Milton

Northside

Southeast Bulloch

Southwest DeKalb

Stephenson

Tattnall

TCC

Trion

Vidalia

Washington County

Warner Robins

Wheeler

*Just for the practice and NFL points, not for awards

Milton's going...

I guess that would be tomorrow.

David Elkind/Kenneth Bailey

Kevin Bottoms/Austin Layton

That's right -- the Milton Team is splitting up.