Sign in to follow this  
waterbou

Affirmative Case

Can someone help me with my affirmative case? I am attmepting to make an Aff case on Racial Profiling without the use of ERPA. My other alternative, the less liked one, is slimming down my 72-page affirmative case on Gitmo. I really dont want to have to mess around with that case, because its really not novice-B intended. So I guess I'm looking for 2 answers, which case should I run and if the RP how can I make it non-ERPA?

Run a kritikal 1AC. The resolution never says that a policy must be enacted, so you could get up there and say that people are being searched w/o probable cause based on race. This is bad. Give your Harms. Then go into how the government should change this and solve for the harms. You are affirming the Resolution and you are topical. It could be done.

Can someone help me with my affirmative case? I am attmepting to make an Aff case on Racial Profiling without the use of ERPA. My other alternative, the less liked one, is slimming down my 72-page affirmative case on Gitmo. I really dont want to have to mess around with that case, because its really not novice-B intended. So I guess I'm looking for 2 answers, which case should I run and if the RP how can I make it non-ERPA?

Hey on Gitmo i have the same case, if it is about detaining imm. people then you should be saying that these peolpe are detained indefinitely and should not be putting them to wear they are beaten raped, striped and i goto go now bye!!!

Kritikal means it takes on a format similar to a kritik (philisophical, moral, or discursive basis to vote against a team), but it indicts the status quo. The "plan," if it can really be called that, is generally simply an urge to reject some assumption.

Its an excuse to run a K as aff - also solves all those pesky solvency and on case issues and gives neg no ground for DAs.

I bet if you looked hard enough you could find another act that could be passed.

You can kriticize the aff for trivializing and misconstruing their author's ideas.

in my opinion, if you have the harms and solvency for racial profiling, just take that and over turn brignoni ponce (the border search exception case) because that case can expand to alot more harms, alot more solvency, inherency, advantages, and is WAY more topical. racial profiling is really the easiest case to beat at all levels, and border search is combining racial profiling with a ton more...though be careful since the agent is courts. I could help you out if you like.

WDF is TvO? I know its Terry vs. Ohio, but whats that? What about gitmo saying that these people are being unlawfully held, BUT treated well. Then we could pull cards saying that having these members away from home hurts the family? I don't think anyone here has that kind of evidence.

Kritikal means it takes on a format similar to a kritik (philisophical, moral, or discursive basis to vote against a team), but it indicts the status quo. The "plan," if it can really be called that, is generally simply an urge to reject some assumption.

All plans criticize the status quo, it's called harms.

WDF is TvO? I know its Terry vs. Ohio, but whats that? What about gitmo saying that these people are being unlawfully held, BUT treated well. Then we could pull cards saying that having these members away from home hurts the family? I don't think anyone here has that kind of evidence.

Well, yes there is evidence saying that. And the evidence saying that they are being treated well isn't the best evidence anyway. Its not as though you're going to find a case that has NO evidence opposing it, so don't try. Just go with something you understand.

Well, yes there is evidence saying that. And the evidence saying that they are being treated well isn't the best evidence anyway. Its not as though you're going to find a case that has NO evidence opposing it, so don't try. Just go with something you understand.

LOL, I understand Neg, thats the problem here. The case my partner has was gitmo, so I guess I HAVE to go with that....

I think you can run Korematsu with racism and internment advantages. Its really easy to understand and a very good case for novice. If u need help with korematsu let me know. I can probably help u with these two advantages.

I know UT's camp put out a racial profling aff that did not use ERPA. It is sort of critical but not really. You might want to check it out I can send you a copy if you want.