Sign in to follow this  
Bit Cloud

Immigrant Children Neg.

What beats this case? I hit it in Sems, and threw everything in my tubs that remotely applied to it that case, and still lost 3-0. Whats the killer arg. that takes this case down? Maybe an idea for a disad? I am truly stumped because its clearly squirrely, and I can't touch it. Please help, thanks.

it doesn't sound like you didn't have anything to say; it sounds like you were beaten.

however, if you're asking about what links, i think any old detention links will work. run an agent CP. Ks always work.

better luck next time

No what I had was a generic, Human Rights Promotion = China War Disad, a Courts Disad and T substantial. We simply had no evidence against Child Immigrants. Are there any Disads out there agaisnt Child Immigrants?

oh you mean specific immigrant minors links? look in some case negs. i'm sure theres an immigrant minor neg out there somewhere.

I heard this case a few tournaments ago. I always thought that ageism and terrorism would be a fun strat just b/c their answers on terrorism will eff up the ageism flow for them.

Just an opinion, and as with all strats there are some flaws.

-Jessica

No what I had was a generic, Human Rights Promotion = China War Disad, a Courts Disad and T substantial. We simply had no evidence against Child Immigrants. Are there any Disads out there agaisnt Child Immigrants?

those are pretty bad arguments.

hr promo -> china war is a horrible link story

what courts disad?

hit me on aim mafia debater and i can get you an imm minors neg file.

PLAN

Plan Plank One: Mandates

The United States federal government will pass the Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2005.

Plan Plank Two: Enforcement

Enforcement will be through the Department of Health and Human Services as specified in the Act.

Plan Plank Three: Funding

Funding will be through normal means.

Plan Plank Four: Intent

All affirmative speeches shall serve to clarify legislative, executive, and judicial intent.

thats the plan text. Yes, i agree that my args were terrible, but like I said it was all we had. The courts disad was court overflow.

Here's a couple strats for you

1. T- detain

War on Terror

Court legitamacy

Rule of Law

and then there are tons of solvency deficits that you can find in any immigration case neg.

2. if they claim that hidden racism type thing- go one off:

Farley K, it will destroy them if you argue the link debate the right way.

3. Lacan- hey, it works

Specific DA's that Apply are:

Foster Care DA- Saying immigrant children will over burden foster care, causing the immigrants to be sent to prison

Gang DA- Saying that children who come to America often follow their families and join gangs, regardless of the living situation.

Also, Court Clog like a mo' fo.

We hit a case along the same lines (still immigrant children, only using the Children's Rights Convention or some shit in the plan text), and T'd the hell out of that bitch, on decrease, saying that the government will just shunt the kids into immigration courts for any number of technical violations, thus not decreasing any de facto authority.

Run a CP that says, Open the Border. GEt some NAFTA advantages and solve for all the immigrants not just the children. The aff would never see it coming. They would have no evidence. All you need to do is get the evidence and you could win easily.

Sign in to follow this