JGonzo

Spartan Classic @ Michigan State University - December 9-10, 2005

Troy will be sending 4 varsity teams unless the great white thing known as snow covers the glove again and we aren't able to come

5 to 8 inches predicted in lansing. I like your odds

5 to 8 inches predicted in lansing. I like your odds

Yeah, but I heard that the snow in that part of the state will be done pretty early, so it will probably (and hopefully) be cleared come tournament time.

Groves will be sending 10 Varsity Teams

Mendiratta/Warsh

Best/Jaggi

Goodman/ Pasquinelli

Gruisen/Kirsch

Goran/Golberg

Lee/Burke

Maya/Rooshy

and i forgot the others?

Lawton/Shannon

Meloche/Ryu

Genevich/Simonov

seriously, considering that basically all the schools that are going to MSU are closed "THE MYTHICAL SNOW DAY", is the tournament still on?

IF anyone sees this please respond

seriously, considering that basically all the schools that are going to MSU are closed "THE MYTHICAL SNOW DAY", is the tournament still on?

IF anyone sees this please respond

Why wouldn't it be? That just means you have more time to prep before the tournament starts.

I talked with both Gonzo and Mike last night, they said they expect some drops but are definitely still on. It takes a veritable act of God to stop the MSU campus from operating.

EK is going to be there. They may have closed our school down and denied us access to vans, but we'll find a way if I have to miracle us to Lansing.

I would carry our whole team on my back (along with all our tubs) before I'd see us miss out on the tourney. We're leaving in about 30 minutes to head over there.

good luck everyone

This is all I remember from octos

Okemons NP d. Groves BJ

Okemos GL d. ???

Groves MW d. South Lyon G?

Octos:

OkemosNYezi d. Groves BJ

Troy ST d. Mona Shores something

Groves MW def. South Lyon Gsomething

EGR PT def. DCD SaSr

Okemos GL def. seaholm

EGR VT d. Groves BL

EK DH d. Groves GP

Groves GK def. Dow

Quarters:

Troy ST. d. EGR VT

Groves GK d. EGR PT

Groves MW def. okemos

EK DH def. okemos NYezi?

semis:

Troy ST vs. Groves GK

EK DH vs. Groves MW

Partial Speakers

1. Warsh

2. Adi

3. Kabir

5. Dick Tao

7. Me

13. Brian Haagsman (got an awesome racecar, that I tried to trade for)

15. Kelly Goodman

Somewhere around in this list but that I don't remember are Akash, Sarah Gruisin, Matt Muir, Karl, Gabe, and some other ones I can't remember.

lol...

richard calls me at like 1:30 in the morning and he's like, "let me tell you about this shit... do you have any idea what i'm going through right now?"

i was like "have fun dude"

Wow. All i have to say is wow.

We got our asses handed to us this weekend lets list who we hit:

HH Dow (close round but still lost)

EK (got our asses handed to us)

DCD (had this roun until the 2NR when, despite my advice, my partner goes for everything*)

Groves (not even close, we got served)

EGR (should have won this round- judge said we dropped the d/a in the 2AC but we did not, but w/e)

edit:ok so my partner was a bad sign poster i guess, thi was not meant o blast the judge i anyway

yea that means we went 0-5, this was by far worse than last year. It turns out that trying to deabate at 8 in the morning is very dificult when you have no sleep the night before. We lost all our rounds but i don't care, we hit some hard ass teams and had some questionable decisions, we're D3 an all i care about is the state tournament - it is going to be fun this year.

* the round agianst DCD was lost in the 2NR because we ran rights malthus, a consequentialist framwework, and a colorblindness K. I wanted to kick the framewrok and the D/A and gor for the K because that was our best shot at winning, so what does my partner do, naturally he goes for everything. Well we won the consequentialist framework which automatically means the K doens't get evaluated which leaves RiMal. Apperantly the link story was not articulated enough in the 2NR - a story that could have had about 2 minutes spent on it had my partner not gone for everything. but he did so we lost RiMal which means the judge uses our framework to vote Aff to avoid the impacts of case!!! sound fucked up? well it is, its kinda funny actually but w/e it was an amazing round that we could have and should have won.

All in All a very well run tournament, thank you MSU.

Haha. Before our octa against Paul and Akash Yezi comes up to me and yells "Ready to talk loud and fast". Turns out the 1NC strategy of banging pots and pans together was effective...