King_of_Crunk089

DEBATING AFTER COLLEGE (PRO DEBATE IDEA)

I guess the market would soon tell whether there is a place for this. If King of Crunk 089 wants to try it, I wish him the best of luck, and look forward to hearing the results of his efforts.

I think this is an excellent idea i would definately want to be debating or just helping out. debate with never die

The points that keeping a "pro-debate" league going would be tough are entirely right--debate can cost money, etc. However, if those involved are dedicate to the idea, then there is no reason that one couldn't be put together. I mean, hell, chess thrives in about the same way. There are national chess leagues, and computer junkies who play like crazy...sometimes there is a prize incentive, sometimes not. Either way, they are usually involved for the love of the game. It's the same situation here. I definantly side in agreeance with the idea. It would take lots of work and dedication to keep even a small league going--but it should and could happen. You've got my support in this endeavor.

The points that keeping a "pro-debate" league going would be tough are entirely right--debate can cost money, etc. However, if those involved are dedicate to the idea, then there is no reason that one couldn't be put together. I mean, hell, chess thrives in about the same way. There are national chess leagues, and computer junkies who play like crazy...sometimes there is a prize incentive, sometimes not. Either way, they are usually involved for the love of the game. It's the same situation here. I definantly side in agreeance with the idea. It would take lots of work and dedication to keep even a small league going--but it should and could happen. You've got my support in this endeavor.

Thank you for your support, and for anyone who supports this idea then you should start small leagues in your city. Start with a small tournament, nothing big, to incite interest and see who is dedicated in your area. I'm sure there are people who would give one saturday to come and debate.

Let it go.

Debate is about educating yourself for the future.

Debate is not something which you do to pass your life away. This is one of the sadest discussions I have ever read. Litterly .. GET A LIFE... Comeon its not difficult. Make a friend. Burn your tub and get a job.

have any intelligence to go along with all of your stupidity? You tell me to get a life, and excuse me if I come off brash, don't ever talk about a life that you know nothing about. I probably have more friends then you could ever have, but that is something that i would not know about. This discussion is supposed to about issues, not about my or your personal affairs. So don't bring that up, or I will straight up take you to the cleaners. Moving on from that, numerous people, myself included, have bought up that this would be done more like a hobby league, which, if you knew more, would know there are thousands of leagues just like this. All full of people with lives, but enjoy an activity and want to come together with other people. If you don't support it, if you want to have a life, have a life, and don't iritate me. Get over yourself.

Okay defend yourself. Don't Debate with me. If you continue down this road the only thing you will be able to tell your nephew you achieved was a debate trophy. If you want to argue then lets go.

1. Do something about it. Telling others is not starting anything. You lack any Entrepreneur ability. You lack any Capitol, and you lack the Labor.

2. Okay so you can find 20 people that like the idea. ED, I can find 20 people that like the iraqi war. That doesn't mean its a good idea.

3. Your Name is King_of_Crunk089. Your name lacks any professionalism, and no one would follow you..

4. If you get "iritated" so quickly I doubt you could hold any sort of leadership.

5. You live at home with your mother. Your mother won't let you go out after nine, so you could never participate.

34411563898.jpg

Just let it go.

on your first point I am doing something about, I currently starting a tournament in my city, what are you doing for anything you believe in? On second point if I was a slave back in the olden times of slavery I would be hard pressed to find FIVE people in any given town in the south that believed in equality of all races (and before you start the defense of the north most whites in the north believed in racial inequality themselves). Just because a small number of people support something does not make it necessarily a bad idea, as people have brought up before there are many leagues (basket weaving, flower growing, etc.) that have a small community but still succeed in doing things. On your third point, anybody that is making fun of my name, LAY THE FUCK OFF. It is a screen name and nothing more, most people's screen names on this website are loopy, whenver you do a real business proposal my name would not be king of crunk much the same as yours would not be $niperwolf. Actually i wasn't irritated, what I was saying was if you do not like it don't talk about it, it is your choice, don't support something you don't care about. and on your final point, one that is my personal business, but also I am a high school student so of course i live with my mom and she allows me to be out late. All in all, you are a complete idiot.

the only kind of pro debate that would work would be one that none of us can compete in. Go to the thread about debate stealing your soul. We exclude almost all of the rest of the world from our debates. There is a reason no one comes to debate tournaments, no one cares what we debate about and no one could follow us anyways. We speak too fast and about too weird of things. Talking to people about how anything leads to nuclear war makes you look like and idiot. Plus, we talk to fast for anyone to follow us. The kinds of debate that would work pro wouldn't be policy debate, it would be public forum or LD becuase people can follow it. Now i gotta go to class, can't finish, bell rang.

the only kind of pro debate that would work would be one that none of us can compete in. Go to the thread about debate stealing your soul. We exclude almost all of the rest of the world from our debates. There is a reason no one comes to debate tournaments, no one cares what we debate about and no one could follow us anyways. We speak too fast and about too weird of things. Talking to people about how anything leads to nuclear war makes you look like and idiot. Plus, we talk to fast for anyone to follow us. The kinds of debate that would work pro wouldn't be policy debate, it would be public forum or LD becuase people can follow it. Now i gotta go to class, can't finish, bell rang.

i don't deny this, but all of you deny things like basket weaving and other organizations that have championships and function just fine on national livel while excluding the rest of the world. You would be surprised how much shit happens that no one knows about, most people don't know about pro gaming but its a multi million dollar industry. everyone seems to think pro instantaneously means national coverage on tv or something, there are plenty, and by plenty i mean in the thousands, of things that function on a national level without tv coverage. So if people could stop repeating this point it is gettting old and I have proven it wrong with empirical, real world examples each time.