blkazndebater

Native Americans Aff?

Ok, i got slaughtered on a native americans case concerning paot (i'm not sure how it's spelled. Paot is an hallucinogenic and is used in many n.am. religious ceremonies. States outlaw it. People are searched with little or no evidence, definitely check into it!

If you have anything on extraordinary rendition please pass it on! HollowayUtter@yahoo.com! Thanks a million and good luck!

YOU SHOULD GO FOR T SEARCH, THE CASE THEIR 'SEARCH WITHOUT PROBABLY CAUSE' EVIDENCE REFERENCES, THE GUY OK'D THE SEARCH BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PUT IN JAIL.

Ok, i got slaughtered on a native americans case concerning paot (i'm not sure how it's spelled. Paot is an hallucinogenic and is used in many n.am. religious ceremonies. States outlaw it. People are searched with little or no evidence, definitely check into it!

If you have anything on extraordinary rendition please pass it on! HollowayUtter@yahoo.com! Thanks a million and good luck!

peyote--it's a fun drug to play with, i guess native americans like to use it to get closer to their god/s.

well i guess you know best reading ur poetry aff every round :)

haha....yeah, it makes stuff interesting. It's a lot easier critiquing T when you don't have a plan. Teams don't even really run T against it, just framework.

poetry is exclusionary

heg o/w any high powered natives aff

i thought natives were detained by capitalism?

We run a Native Americans aff that says that congress relinquish its right of plenary power over native americans giving them the right to choose to be soverign or not. This allows the N.A. to go back to what they want and have overall control of themselves, because right now they are still under USFG jurisdiction. Its worker ok for us.

The Native Americans Aff that I ran up against is outlawing the Smithsonian institute from excavating graves and then catelouging them. I went into that round thinking there was no way it was topical but I changed my mind after I relized that the Smithsonian was set up by Congress and runs through the executive branch. This case sounds like it needs a good Indian K argument because one of their adv.'s was racism but through out the whole round they referred to them as Indian instead of Native Americans

The biggest problem with the NA aff., at least, the way Whitman wrote it is that it is hella extra-topical. Like, beyond belief - every Colonialism, sovereignty, and just about any other advantage outside of NAGPRA goes well outside of simply searching or detaining.

Although, it can be ran better. Eh.

There is no way the NAGPRA aff is topical. NAGPRA doesn't decrease the governments authority to seach without probable cause, it only decrease their ability to detain without charge. The affirmative would probably want to stop the search of native american graves, but the NAGPRA legislation doesn't have that power. NAGPRA only says that once the human remains are dug up, they must be handed to the closest matching tribe. If anything, this case decreases the governments ability to detain these remains without charge.

QFA

Someone who understands NAGPRA :)