BC_ROCKS

Funniest T

the 90% def was specific to landmines i believe, something along the lines of

"...in order for people to stop living in fear of landmines 90% of them would have to be (removed?)..." something like that. It was a good T.

t usfg=mexico

No, mexico is the "United Mexican States". It's T USFG = Belgium. Also, Brazil is no longer called USFG, it's the "Federative Republic of Brazil."

My favorite is the US of Colombia - couple that with T Should = past tense of shall and the Time Cube K and you've got yourself a chronologically ambiguous neg strat.

Either/or means both. I have it, it is really not that horrible. It has a card from a guy who writes on the idiosyncrisies of the English language. He says that is the word is placed before the either, it applies to both .

we used to run "or" means "and" with this definition: "Used to indicate a synonymous or equivalent expression: acrophobia, or fear of great heights."

from american heritage 2000

never went for it

• Upvote 1

yea, I think Ts and Plan flaws (unless they are serious) detract from real meaningful substantive debate.

• Downvote 2

Plz don't do it to buy time... Run T if they are in violation. If you are going to run somthing such as T, at least have seriousness and purpose behind it.

My favorite "illegal" T was operation = illegal activity for last year's topic... we actually had some wins on that because people said they were legal, thinking we meant legal instead. Sure, it was a cheap shot, but half the time they dropped it and gave us the win. We only used it when we needed the win for whatever reason... we don't do that anymore, but it was hilarious.

The most completely BS T for this year has to be either/or = both... there's not very many people that are going to buy that, even though you can generate long case lists on if you think about it, but you can't really claim intent from something this counter-intuitive.

Plz don't do it to buy time... Run T if they are in violation. If you are going to run somthing such as T, at least have seriousness and purpose behind it.

How is it any worse than running an extra Disad bc you had time to fill?

We once won a state elim round on "a=1" and that the Aff was LESS than one.

The plan was to ratify 4 treaties so in 1N we ran "a=1" and they said no, the 4 treaties together are one policy. But then they later kicked one of the treaties as we were beating them on it, so in 2N we argued that they were now, by their own definition only 3/4 of "a" policy. And thats how my baby sophomores knocked off one of the top 3 teams in the state.

How is it any worse than running an extra Disad bc you had time to fill?

never said it was, matter of fact, you can add that comment as well.

We once won a state elim round on "a=1" and that the Aff was LESS than one.

The plan was to ratify 4 treaties so in 1N we ran "a=1" and they said no, the 4 treaties together are one policy. But then they later kicked one of the treaties as we were beating them on it, so in 2N we argued that they were now, by their own definition only 3/4 of "a" policy. And thats how my baby sophomores knocked off one of the top 3 teams in the state.

That's absolutely amazing.

How come people never do stuff like that in my rounds... :(

Someone one my team ran a 'topicality tornado', running 17 T in the entire round. That's right, a topicality violation on EVERY word (and punctuation marks too).

God I love debate.

I heard of someone running charge = electron transfer, thus plan is to execute all detainees by electrocution. I think it was actually a neg, they ran it ironically in the 1nc and then explained how such an exhibit proved the resolution was a bad idea in the block.

I don't endorse that, for the record, but I'm sure the round was interesting.

we used to run "or" means "and" with this definition: "Used to indicate a synonymous or equivalent expression: acrophobia, or fear of great heights."

from american heritage 2000

never went for it

why didn't the framers use "and" if they wanted both? Your definition of or indicates that the items connected are synonymous, are detain without charge and search without probable cause synonymous?

prolly the 2 funniest/dumbest t's i've ever heard run was on marine=marines from the military (from the ocean policy rez) and charge= to charge a battery (from this years rez)

prolly the 2 funniest/dumbest t's i've ever heard run was on marine=marines from the military (from the ocean policy rez) and charge= to charge a battery (from this years rez)

I love those two.:D

I asked the other team in CX if their plan had to do with bananas or oranges. They said no so I said "Doesn't that make you... unTropical?"

I asked the other team in CX if their plan had to do with bananas or oranges. They said no so I said "Doesn't that make you... unTropical?"

Why?