mandananda

Gays in the military

Hey guys, thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it, however, most if not all of your posts have to do with search w/o probable cause. The case i went against had to deal with detention w/o charge. now im confused. What exactly does DADT do? and what would i run against one that says detain w/o charge?

dont ask dont tell is a policy which says that we are not allowed to ask about a persons sexuality. I can't remember exactly what it does but i think homosexuality either forces your dismissal or it forces you to be like held out from active duty or something? i am having a blank. I'll ask my dad tomorrow, he's in the military. But against a detention case i would again run A) XO CP B)Movements C)Pres Power Good D)Substantially T

The executive order counterplan is illegitimate in this aspect. The only thing an execitive order can do is CLARIFY an act of Congress or the courts, NOT overturn a piece of legislation.

Also, Clinton failed to overturn DADT with an executive order after it was passed. Where is the direct solvency for the XO CP?

CMR- Yeah...If they're any good they'll straight (no pun intended) turn the hell out of this.

Militarism- Really it depends on how it's run. I ran DADT last year (yeah...long story) and we claimed militarism as an advantage. IE: military is putting itself above the rest of the civilized world with the ban on gays.

Readiness- There's pleny of evidence out there that says DADT kills unit cohesion because you can never really be open with it.

Okay, it's also been emperically proven in a fair number of our close allies: the UK, Germany, Israel and Canada.

My opinion- Cover T, very very well. Or, as everyone else has said, go the critical route. UT's neg against this case is pretty sweet too, you might want to look into it.

Hope this helps,

Jessica

We beat this case with a statism kritik and beat them to thier own evidence better.

CMR is great against this case.

you can solve anything when you fiat the revolution

CMR, if i'm correct, is civil-military relations...which, sadly enough, is a stupid disad on the case if the aff has done any preparation. The public overwhelming suppots repealing don't ask, don't tell (to the tune of 70-some odd percent)

CMR, if i'm correct, is civil-military relations...which, sadly enough, is a stupid disad on the case if the aff has done any preparation. The public overwhelming suppots repealing don't ask, don't tell (to the tune of 70-some odd percent)

And pissing the military off doesn't affect CMR does it?