Raider

Topeka November 18 - 19

I see a manhattan debater replied here... are they finally coming out of hiding to debate at a real tournament?

I think your idea of what a "real" tournament is is really fucking elitist, not to mention makes you look like a completely incompetent douchebag.

Just because Manhatten hasn't poured numerous teams to East Kansas doesn't mean that they've avoided "real" debate - you don't need a group of champ debaters and college flow judges to have a "real" debate, and if this is what "real" debate is to you, it certainly doesn't give you the right to downgrade an entire squad because you believe so, especially with the fantastic, let alone flawless, debaters that are a part of that squad.

Figured I'd post a rant - it's been a while.

*btw, I'll be at T-High. . . it's only like a 10 minute drive anyhow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calm down junior.

i don't get you getting upset b/c he downgrades your squad, but you make the same assumptions toward his debate squad....

oh i forgot, cross-x.com is a big dick whack off.

hey after calculating some figures i found out that My mom can kick your mom's ass.

I think your idea of what a "real" tournament is is really fucking elitist, not to mention makes you look like a completely incompetent douchebag.

Just because Manhatten hasn't poured numerous teams to East Kansas doesn't mean that they've avoided "real" debate - you don't need a group of champ debaters and college flow judges to have a "real" debate, and if this is what "real" debate is to you, it certainly doesn't give you the right to downgrade an entire squad because you believe so, especially with the fantastic, let alone flawless, debaters that are a part of that squad.

Figured I'd post a rant - it's been a while.

*btw, I'll be at T-High. . . it's only like a 10 minute drive anyhow.

First of all, you're from Topeka... Not Manhattan, so why don't you know your role and shut your hole. You don't know jack about how 'flawless' the Manhattan squad is, and if thats gonna be your claim, provide a warrant, give me one tournament that Manhattan has won this year... From ANY tournament.

Second of all, Yes, I will defend that if you go to tiny tournaments and avoid competeing against the best people in the state, then you are avoiding a valuable debate experience. You should know all about that homeboy...

I never pretended to be one of the best, and I never claimed to go to the best tournaments, and Manhattan shouldn't either. Is their top team gonna be at your tournament? Bet not. They think they're "too good" to debate there, so they'll stay under their rock and keep hidden; The same place you should have been before making such a ridiculous post.

Peace

JD

• Downvote 1

Staying totally out of the fray (I'd much rather keep my opinion to myself rather than posting it and having me flamed for telling people what I think), I would point out that both Gail Lee and Andrew Jack of Manhattan HAVE done well at multiple tournaments, including being in semifinals of Washburn Rural. They've also had teams (don't remember which particular ones) in finals of Seaman, semifinals of Shawnee Heights, and a team in semifinals of Topeka West.

Besides that, there are two things I would like to add to this discussion: first, that before making a claim you should probably watch and or debate the people you are criticizing before taking such actions, and secondly, that the rashness in criticizing not only individual posters and squads exhibited in this thread should probably decease or move to another forum for discussion. I would hope that such foolishness exhibited by both instigators of this particular argument would cease completely, but whatever floats your boat.

PS - Just a quick note to Strate4Debate42, before telling Derek Ziegler to "stay under your rock and keep hidden; The same place you should have been before making such a ridiculous post", I would suggest that you refrain from making foolish and short-sighted posts such as

I see a manhattan debater replied here... are they finally coming out of hiding to debate at a real tournament?

especially after declaring an after-school tournament a "throwdown". Not calling it a bad tournament, but rather that not only would it not have outrounds, but it wouldn't have the kind of experienced judging a weekend tournament would provide.

• Downvote 1

Actually, we decided against sending teams to T-High. We're sending the guns to Salina South.

We also declare Jihad on Strate4debate42.

So, now that that's clarified, I believe the discussion can be ended.

Onto the topic at hand, good luck to everyone going -- it will be a good time!

First of all, you're from Topeka... Not Manhattan, so why don't you know your role and shut your hole. You don't know jack about how 'flawless' the Manhattan squad is, and if thats gonna be your claim, provide a warrant, give me one tournament that Manhattan has won this year... From ANY tournament.

I dare you to take any dabait team to hit Gail Lee/Andrew Jack, and then come out saying that they didn't have a hell of a time getting by that round. Also, much of their squad is fucking amazing, not to mention good people.

Also, I don't have to be a member of Manhattan to call you a dumbass for this post, because anyone with half a fucking brain would declare you an incompetent douchebag for your comment anyhow.

Second of all, Yes, I will defend that if you go to tiny tournaments and avoid competeing against the best people in the state, then you are avoiding a valuable debate experience. You should know all about that homeboy...

Who says that only East KS hosts big tournaments? Manhattan's #'s weren't bad, not to mention that many of the Topeka schools drew in much of the "supreme East Kansas" squads anyhow, so how the hell do you quantify Manhattan not leaving FH's area as avoiding big tournaments? Who the fuck decides that the varsity circuit in East KS is so much fucking better? Everyone but your dumbass would say that nothing says it's better.

I never pretended to be one of the best, and I never claimed to go to the best tournaments, and Manhattan shouldn't either. Is their top team gonna be at your tournament? Bet not. They think they're "too good" to debate there, so they'll stay under their rock and keep hidden; The same place you should have been before making such a ridiculous post.

Chances say they'll be at T-High, and your definition of "under a rock" is absurd. For instance, Brian Rubaie has probably spent more tourneys outside of KS - does this glorify him as "hiding under a rock" when he avoids "KS's best"? Fuck no. By quantifying that you're hiding a rock when you avoid East KS tourneys is to pretty much instill that anything outside of East KS champ/varsity is what East KS is too good to be in, which fuels much of the lacking for real champ dabait in this state anyhow.

It's people like you that have created much of the East KS/Non-East KS dabait divide, which is one of the biggest reasons why many schools outside of Wichita/East KS don't host champ to begin with. So, before you strut in declaring yourself and the tournaments you attend at better than anything else, fucking consider the level of fucked-upness that you instill in dabait.

• Downvote 1

Calm down junior.

i don't get you getting upset b/c he downgrades your squad, but you make the same assumptions toward his debate squad....

oh i forgot, cross-x.com is a big dick whack off.

hey after calculating some figures i found out that My mom can kick your mom's ass.

He doesn't downgrade my squad. Instead, he downgrades anything outside of East KS dabait. Just because a lot of non-East KS doesn't drive to East KS to dabait doesn't mean that they're subordinate human beings, which is what ticks me off.

Conceeded - cross-x is a big orgy of inaneousness.

And yes, your mom could probably kick my mom's ass. Eh - it happens.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, all I have to say is listen to Zig

Just because Manhattan doesn't go to the elite tournaments that supposively make up East Kansas..Doesn't mean anything

But Zig is right

Who took third at one of the (if not the) most prestigious tournaments of the year.

Yeah. Jack/Lee from Manhattan

Don't talk smack if you don't know anything..

In other news..T-High will be good

I heard Pam is putting the best judges at the bottom of the schedule every round..Which will be nice

Though I'm sure alot of people are like 'OMGZ, I HAV TO ADAPT (cut cut)'

But yeah, that's my two cents..

I think everyone hates me.

Damn.

Where's stenger for this tourney? ya'll are still partners, right?

good luck ribeye.

Tony

Yeah, for the like 3 weekends that are left in the season. But yeah, I had some choir shit on Saturday night that I wouldn't be able to get back for if I was all the way up in the boonies of Topeka. No worries...Rubanger will be back in the swing of things soon.

I heard Pam is putting the best judges at the bottom of the schedule every round..Which will be nice

Though I'm sure alot of people are like 'OMGZ, I HAV TO ADAPT (cut cut)'

But yeah, that's my two cents..

That's a pretty cool idea, I think it'll improve the variety of debate greatly (I know tone is impossible to read, I'm not being sarcastic)

I think everyone hates me. Damn

I don't

not to start this stupid shit up...but to the original problem child poster, dont ever ever ever post trash of any kind without your name to back it up. without that you are some dumbass who decides to hide behind a computer, good game.

now to the original problem child ziggypop, dude, you come back to make a post which causes trouble? get a life and don't post at all. if manhattan wants to defend themself then let them get online and do so, but until then you aren't there mouth, and until they personally ask you to be you need not defend a squad that has prestige and are known for producing some of the best debaters in kansas. so they aren't a big squad this year, they been huge in the past and will continue to produce good debaters...but that doesn't mean they need someone talking trash in their name, they don't do that and i promise they dont want you to do that either.

however: please don't say things like a "real tournament", because that is more subjective than a ballot. for a lay judge debater a real tournament is with lay judges and for a champ debater its with the same style teams and the right college judges...and then for some, its national circuit tournaments, which just happen to be what is recognized by the nation as "real" quality tournaments....also note two years ago manhappenin had a team in the top 14 in the nation, so ya...lets not be hasty. and please, no trash talking posts are needed to be made in response. take the post and learn for next time.

• Downvote 1

Just so everyone knows..

Manhattan Jack/Lee advanced to Champ Sems..

Most likely on a course to finals, but I left 2 hours ago..

Mickens/Nelson dropped in 1/4th to SME

The only thing I could add to the previous statement is that the 1st seed McPherson Groeblacher/Parkins advanced over 8th seed Tonganoxie Jefferies/Truesdell in quarters.

off the top of my head

Quarters

Parkins/Groeblacher? McPherson over Jefferies/Truesdell Tongie

Rubaie/Mapes SME over Nelson/Mickens SHHS

Henneli/Mohn SME over Heisberger/Hansen BVC

Lee/Jack Manhappenin over ________ insert here if you know, sorry

Sems

Rubaie/Mapes over Parkins/Groeblacher?

Lee/Jack over Henneli/Mohn

Finals

Lee/Jack over Rubaie/Mapes on 4-1

I guess when Manhattan does show up to a "real" tournament they come to play.

People have told me that finals came down to a psychoanalytical criticism of state contol (AFF) versus psycho-analysis = patriarchy on the neg. Neg wins.