I've been thinking about this ever since news of the No-Confidence vote broke. Something like:

A. Annan is on his way out

B. US support for UN will make Annan look good/keep him in power

C. Annan kills UN credibility or Annan's lack of leadership destroys the UN's ability to solve, turning case

Any thoughts? Just a theory right now, but I'm looking for some input

It's kinda shaky man.....I'm not sure what the warrents would be as to why Kofi ONE peacekeeping operation, especially if it's one of the sweet 16, would keep him in power. Plus, in order for that link to be true, you must essentially concede solvency, cuz if they "don't solve", it turns the link to the DA probably. Not that that's good for the affs, but it kinda puts the negs in a rough spot coming out the block. Plus, what's the terminal impact to UN credibility? Perhaps there's a card or 3 out there that are good, but otherwise, i think it's not a very persuasive impact. And case inherency will usually non-unique the DA. UN sucks (insert reason) now, or, to re-phrase, UN credibility low now, (insert reason) proves

i like the idea but i think i just might be better if u incorporated it in ur u.n bad kinda da which ever one u have because alone i doubt it would be as strong but i would sure help ya if u wanna make it

Just wanted to let you know, I kinda jacked your idea at 3am on Friday night/Saturday morning and found ev for this DA and wrote a shell... we had a tournament Saturday (yesterday) and we went neg 3 out of 4 rounds, and we ran it every round. We won on it every time. Thank you!!!! :Bow

why not run it as a good case turn instead. then you can run more UN bad stuff with it and make the DA look better.

i was thinking of adding a case turn in the mpx.

The DA could definetly turn case. I actually have a card that says UN Credibility precludes Solvency. I use it against cases with no UN Cred advantage.