kendog_3

LaSalle Tourney

Does anyone have an electronice copy of the LaSalle Invite? It would really help me out if someone could email it to me before 3:00 today.

Thanks,

Kenny Hanson

Jenkintown Debate

i don't think one exists, Brother probably never made one. You could probably call the school and get one faxed

Does anyone have an electronice copy of the LaSalle Invite? It would really help me out if someone could email it to me before 3:00 today.

Thanks,

Kenny Hanson

Jenkintown Debate

Is LaSalle an Invitational? And if so, what events/divisons are offered?

Kj

Wilson

I'm not from the school and Brett (who posted above) can help you out more, but yes it's an invitational. It's also in Phili and offers all of the basic events. Policy, LD and I think all of the other events are split into novice/varsity but I know policy is for sure. (Unless they for no known reason changed their tournament this year.) It doesn't usually have quite as big of a draw as Villiger, but it's close.

It is close in size in debate, but in speech I think it is smaller. And actually it is usually about 20-25 teams if I remember correctly. It is 3 rounds and finals (some speech events have semis) all Saturday December 11.

You can probably call Brother Rene Sterner at La Salle for more information. I don't think the entry is high but I am not sure. Its 3 rounds and a final.

Hey Brett the LaSalle student, why don't you talk to Brother and post this information, or perhaps post an email address so people can contact him, or email them Brother's email address if you don't want to post it. You know, say something helpful.

fine

mintzer at lschs.org or sterner at lschs.org. try them both I do not know which one works

And its kindof hard to call on thanksgiving

The phone number of the school is on the school website, http://www.lschs.org. you won't find any information about that tournament there

I e-mailed him this morning (I really miss the PCC tourney of old, gave you something to do over break). So, hopefully I can get a couple of kids to get up early, and we'll drive to Philly so I can meet all of you in person (the only person I know, sort of, is Kenny). Duane

Uhm..I have a team that wants to come up and debate, but so far I have no info on the tourney - I e-mailed Brother Renee, but he aint talking. ANyone who has anything info, time, place, schedule, fees, where to register...help me out. Thanks, Duane

La Salle College High School

8605 Cheltenham Avenue

Wyndmoor PA, 19038

Directions from the PA Turnpike: Head to the Fort Washington Interchange (Exit 339 - Formerly Exit 26). Enter ramp marked Rt. 309 South. Continue on Rt. 309 South and exit at Springfield/Papermill. Turn right and follow Papermill Rd. to the 2nd traffic light. Turn left onto Cheltenham Ave. and proceed uphill 1/3 of a mile.

The tournament is Saturday, December 11, 2005. I think registration starts around 8 am. Three rounds and finals.

The school website lists the phone number as 215-233-2911. Ask for Brother Rene Sterner, you will at least get his secretary, who hopefully has more information. I will add more specifics when my call to my head coach is returned.

Fees will not be high, maybe $20 per team? Don't quote me on that.

Duane,

thats not true. you and i met at cfl's in the tab room... kicking around the idea of case limits... :)

brothers extention is 3003

oh and La Salle will be sending:

Varsity

FM (Fisher/Manero)

Novice

DM (McCarrick/DiIulio)

KM (Kraeher/McCabe)

And a request: Someone use that computer tabbing program - lets not have another huge delay like last year

for the first time in... a decade... i will not be at lasalle...

i will be in boston...

have fun without me.

and if meyers sees this... then meyers needs to IM me tonight on AIM or whatnot...

That's very sad. :sob:

Me, Meyers or Alison and Mary, Meyers? I can give them your sn.

I'd sob too if Ankur tried to push Spratlys off on me........

Shawn

Pennsbury Gutman/Wang and Gorman/Mao will be attending, in addition to 2 novice teams, but no one cares about their names.

And a request: Someone use that computer tabbing program - lets not have another huge delay like last year

I don't think a request to the community at large is the way to go to make that change. I don't know why tab is still done by hand, but it isn't because there is no one that knows how who shows up every year .

In a show of good will, and because I hate to judge...I hereby, if I can get the team up there..promise to bring my laptop and help with tab. Duane

PS: Ankur, of course i remember you from NCFL.

In a show of good will, and because I hate to judge...I hereby, if I can get the team up there..promise to bring my laptop and help with tab. Duane

PS: Ankur, of course i remember you from NCFL.

Duane,

I wouldn't count on it. Bro Rene does everything and is rather technophobic....which is why he never answered your email....so a laptop wont sway him.

Shawn

He has a laptop that he got from the school, but I don't think he's even ever touched it. I forget what he told me about it... maybe he signed on once or something. He uses a typewriter to make the weekly bulletins and if he doesn't also type up invitations then he probably has his secretary do it. I don't think you will ever reach brother through any means that require technology outside of a fax machine, telephone, or good ol' regular mail.

I'd sob too if Ankur tried to push Spratlys off on me........

Shawn

thats because you dont appreciate art...

*pauses for inevitable comeback*