jnousky

Animal liberties as a possible aff?

How is animal liberties as an aff case. Release all animals detained without charge by the USFG... Have you any of you guys run it? If so, what've you hit, and what's your record with it? Thanks a ton,

-J

Very poor solvency in my opinion. There arent many National Zoo's, so you couldnt solve for much. I also think T would be a problem with it. I am not sure of the good DA's that could link. It would be pretty hard to spin a terror link on this one.

Very poor solvency in my opinion. There arent many National Zoo's, so you couldnt solve for much.

biggest problem with the zoo aff.

however i just thought of a twist on this idea.

If you change plan text to "the USFG will release all animals it detains.."

then you could get solvency from like....the animals the military uses, and such.

not ALOT better, but a little.

actually i have a freaking awsome dolphin aff that demands the USFG release the dolphins it uses for military purposes, it has awsome inherency, harms, and solvency, plus morality involved. the only thing you best be good at is answering T but i can also send a theory block with the aff, i am willing to trade, and given the fact i dont really use this aff much anymore, it can be traded for pretty easily, just PM me or mail me at OGodAmongMen@wmconnect.com

If you change plan text to "the USFG will release all animals it detains.."

then you could get solvency from like....the animals the military uses, and such.

not ALOT better, but a little.

If you did that, you'd be liable to run into Malthusian args i.e. animals will consume all natural resources/compete with humans for land/attack humans, etc...

actually i have a freaking awsome dolphin aff that demands the USFG release the dolphins it uses for military purposes, it has awsome inherency, harms, and solvency, plus morality involved. the only thing you best be good at is answering T but i can also send a theory block with the aff, i am willing to trade, and given the fact i dont really use this aff much anymore, it can be traded for pretty easily, just PM me or mail me at OGodAmongMen@wmconnect.com

*shudders* dolphin soldiers...bad memories...ocean topic *goes into convulsions on the floor* ne way,they could run something like fourth ( I believe it is fourth that talks about detaining) only applies to humans...then you could run antrho on them (I believe that is the name of the Kritik, talking about how we hold ourselves and our own rights higher than the animals) as a counter kritik or whatever u want to call it...you could make some good solvency, but overall, this case wouldnt be worth it I believe

• Upvote 2

they could run something like fourth ( I believe it is fourth that talks about detaining)

please tell me you arent talking about ammendments, if you are this thread will have to temorarily be a government class, lol. all joking aside, read out ammendments, you will see 1:4th is for searching w/o probable cause on a person, or in a persons home. 2: there is NO ammendment saying ANYTHING about detaining in our entire government. its just looked upon as wrong, its legally oke doke

Zoos is common, but kinda fails on the "Cp- Ban all zoos, period."

I think you could find some way to fudge the case around a bit somwhere to grant you a bit more ground, but even then the evidence is sparse.

Umm, I think this is already being done. GBS's Great Apes and 7 week did animals are tasty, so yeah it's possible.

As to the Anthro-ing of T. Well yeah, it happens, and then you defend against it

Thanks, yeah, you could recut lots of the Ocean topic, the thing is that i doubt people in my league would have anything on case for it. Makes for easy aff ballots, but poor debate. Thanks for all of the input, if only there was a way to solve for state zoos...

Guest Merkin
Zoos is common, but kinda fails on the "Cp- Ban all zoos, period."

I think you could find some way to fudge the case around a bit somwhere to grant you a bit more ground, but even then the evidence is sparse.

"perm: do plan and ban all zoo's"?

I think that GBS CL reads a Great Apes affirmative, to release chimpanzees.

love

jamie

nhs 2006

Yep, that aff is fantastic. It's a silly idea, but strategic and the cards are way better on the aff side :love:

Anthro as a counterstandard isnt very strategic. the strategic thing to do is to just go balls to the wall on the anthro debate, and kritik them just straight up with anthro. I don't think that it is very strategic.

love

jamie

nhs 2006

like zoos arnt zoos athority of the states. like what zoos are nationaly funded or run, its all done by the state that its in. and like wouldnt a CP that says S of like Extraodinary renditions would out weigh, cuz humyn rigts are key to animal rights. animals are dependent on us. and like if we let animals go couldnt they kills? like lions tigers and bears O my. like animals arnt really garented civil liberties under the constitution.

• Downvote 1

like zoos arnt zoos athority of the states. like what zoos are nationaly funded or run, its all done by the state that its in. and like wouldnt a CP that says S of like Extraodinary renditions would out weigh, cuz humyn rigts are key to animal rights. animals are dependent on us. and like if we let animals go couldnt they kills? like lions tigers and bears O my. like animals arnt really garented civil liberties under the constitution.

>>>Arent zoo's the authority of the states?

Partially

>>>what zoos are nationally funded and run

not very many

>>>EXTraordinary rendition probably outweighs, but it has no bearing in round.

>>>human rights key to animal rights

Debatable

>>>if we let animals go could they kill us

yes, and we could kill them(not sure what you're askin')

All of that without saying like once!

-J

• Downvote 1

when did saying (like) become a problem? i didnt wana sound like a dick. sometimes ppl try to come off as nice. and this aff pretty much blows. if u wana human rights arnt key to animal rights then u are pretty much wrong. we take care of them we feed them and we keep them form becoming extinct. we are key to animals. if u wana say we depend on animals, ill agree, but not animals in zoos. we only really need cows, chickens and pigs. they arnt in zoos. we really arnt dependent on the ones in zoos. its a big dependency circle, but humans are the ones that keep it going, not animals in zoos. animals depend on us. the fed government does nothing the fund zoos or even take care of them. its all the state governmets. and if animals actually had rights this might be a Ok case.

• Downvote 1

I'm not going to spend the time trying to convince and argue with people about nonhuman animal rights. Instead, I am going to make an offer. ANYBODY that is into the nonhuman animal rights movement, and would possibly like to run this aff, let me know! I will send you lots of information (sources, sites, our aff, extensions, files, blocks, etc) and talk to you about this. This is what we run. There are tons of options for getting this advocacy into the round, especially with this year's topic. DO NOT get intimitated, discouraged, or feel dumb, etc, because of other peoples' responses of "stupid. i dont like animals. i am soo gonna p3wn you on T!" Don't listen to those people, if you are even mildly interested, please get in touch with me! Anyway... add me on msn or yahoo messenger, pm me, email me; I will help you out to the best of my ability (how to approach this aff, common answers and attacks that will be made by neg, etc). This is our personal advocacy and we are totally spreading the word... Let me know! :)

please tell me you arent talking about ammendments, if you are this thread will have to temorarily be a government class, lol. all joking aside, read out ammendments, you will see 1:4th is for searching w/o probable cause on a person, or in a persons home. 2: there is NO ammendment saying ANYTHING about detaining in our entire government. its just looked upon as wrong, its legally oke doke

I'm sorry, but how the hell did you all let this fly? Are you kidding? The specific word "detain" may not be in the bill o' rights, but it sure as hell talks ALL about detaining.

Lets try the 4th Amendment:"...particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized" (emphasis added). Seizure may not be detention...but I'd put them at close to synonimous. Its alright, because the next two amendments help.

5th Amendment: "...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...". Due process tends to cover being charged and tried. But there is more...

6th Amendment: "...shall be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation...".

7th Amendment: "...the right of trial by jury shall be preserved...".

By my count, that is 40 percent of the Bill (I'd put it closer to 50%, since the last two are of a different category).