giantchkn

PFI Invitation available now!

Pffft, they still got their mugs after us.

I think... Actually, I really don't remember what the ceremony was like.

And come tomorrow I shall have a full set of PFI 2005 mugs!

I want the final round to be a "LaSalle closeout"... where, when Brett is giving his speech... we find out that Bernard G Disneycharacter Fox has pulled a Matrix move diving into him before the round... now exploding him apart right before answering tix, and finishing his partner in similar fashion... while Ricky steals everyones laptops... leading to a ballot that demonstrates that Brett (somehow...-- oh shit!) has answered everything but tix... and the impact card that was supposed to be some WaRuMe econ action is actually the Dada poetry jumble of WaRuMe and my boy Khalilililzhad... though there is no framework for evaluating Dada... and the 1AC for some reason has answers to Dada in it... meaning that Bernie has won the tournament since Ricky has already left and successfully sold the laptops to a rich man to use as coasters... but... Bernie experiences some shift in time when he is given his trophy... and starts aging to become Shawn... and Shawn runs at him... and when they collide all of this electricity shoots everywhere... kinda like in that one movie with Jean Claude VanDamme in it, where he time travels... and the resulting energy yields several PFI 2099 debate mugs, a plush doll of the actual disney character from the Rescuers, a man named Sven from 1782, and a futuristic robotic motorcycle that is reminiscent of Hasselhoff's car in Nightrider...

or something more simple... like this dream that me and steve have been having where me and him are the neg and guy and adam are the aff... there is 2 off (the J and THE VACCUUM). The aff drops every argument in the 2AC but they still win because Guy says they do...

TJ can turn into Guy for a second to say they win at some point... seems plausible...

I want to thank Jeff, Mr. Medoff, and everyone involved for a pleasant tournament (at least for the few hours I was there).

The PFI continues to be well-run, "user friendly," and provides about as much "bang for your buck" as any tournament in the region. Seeing as how it's relatively new on the block, I'm impressed at how

A note to the Villiger folks, of whom I'm very fond but who seem to keep screwing the pooch when it comes to running things smoothly: when the PFI runs flawlessly AND gives us our ballots from Villiger that are 2+ months late, it really adds insult to injury. :eek:

Run on time...affordable...and good judging (especially good was not having my contrarian self in the out-round pool, allowing me to see my team for once and getting me home early :) ). Kudos.

To my limited recollection....

Quarters

NFA KP d. NFA ?? on coaches decision

Truman CL d. Congestoga ??

LaSalle MM d. ??

Truman FD d. ??

(with one of the unknown teams being NFA CZ)

Semis:

NFA KP over Truman CL

Truman FD over LaSalle MM

Finals:

NFA KP over Truman FD (2-1 decision for the aff, unknown, Ankur, Warsh*)

congrats to those who broke. hope everyone comes back next year. i promise not to forget post its or radical flowing methods (i felt conformist with a laptop) and promise to regale teams with even more absurd case ideas.

To my limited recollection....

Quarters

NFA KP d. NFA ?? on coaches decision

Truman CL d. Congestoga ??

LaSalle MM d. ??

Truman FD d. ??

(with one of the unknown teams being NFA CZ)

Semis:

NFA KP over Truman CL

Truman FD over LaSalle MM

Finals:

NFA KP over Truman FD (2-1 decision for the aff, unknown, Ankur, Warsh*)

congrats to those who broke. hope everyone comes back next year. i promise not to forget post its or radical flowing methods (i felt conformist with a laptop) and promise to regale teams with even more absurd case ideas.

NFA KP advanced over NGA BG

La Salle beat Meyers

Truman FD beat NFA CZ

I definitely like the Senior Corps case!

i promise not to forget post its or radical flowing methods (i felt conformist with a laptop) and promise to regale teams with even more absurd case ideas.

MORE absurd?

wacko jacko,

you have no idea to the depths that i can sink when conjuring up absurd cases and debate ideas.

michael,

i forgot to mention my other case idea... matrix. force women to function as brood mares for the state to create billions of babies to be harnessed as energy sources. its like a really disturbing method of getting ethanol....

I'd like to see an aff team respond to one word voters on T that are never explained with things like "And T is not a voter because of world peace! The end of all disease! And preventing extinction!"

I'd vote Aff on T just because of that.

I thought the wild horses case was pretty cool albiet it was rather abuse too.

Don't forget the burros. It's anthropocentric of you to leave out the burros.

i think its funnier that your team tried to convince me that 9000 horses is significant. thats like.... ummm... four jars of elmers!

9000 horses a year- they just spun it differently.

How do you spin 9000 horses a year? I don't see how it could be spun that would make me give a damn especially compared to a human life.

How do you spin 9000 horses a year? I don't see how it could be spun that would make me give a damn especially compared to a human life.
Are you still a vegetarian?

Human life, while important was not the ultumate focus of the round. They kept repeating the figure 9000 horses. The part they missed is 9000 horses EACH AND EVERY YEAR. when you look at that in the context of 32000 remaining in the US, it begins to look quite signifigant.

Human life, while important was not the ultumate focus of the round. They kept repeating the figure 9000 horses. The part they missed is 9000 horses EACH AND EVERY YEAR. when you look at that in the context of 32000 remaining in the US, it begins to look quite signifigant.

Holy crap what the hell was happening in those rounds?

Were you having a debate about significance? See this is why we have stupid debates and you can't have anthro bad in your 1ac, you're worried about establishing the obvious fact that 9,000 horses is a significant problem. What is significance anyway. I hate local debate.

What's worse is that NEG opens the door to a mixed burden in their shell. The B point said something like "it's not a big impact."

Once the NEG concedes all the case impacts they're giving up on significance, and are really in trouble on T. Unfortunately, both teams missed this and with 5 off in the round, depth suffered.

I know it wasn't the focus of the round, but I still don't give a damn about those 9000 horses. Factory farming makes 9000 horses per year look like free pie and ice cream served by beautiful naked women surrounded by PFI mugs.

Also, any biodiversity block from two years ago would slaughter your advantage especially since there's no specific link between the loss of wild horses and complete extinction.

Also, any biodiversity block from two years ago would slaughter your advantage especially since there's no specific link between the loss of wild horses and complete extinction.

thats why case debate is superior. you always carry around your standard impact blocks every year. you never miss a beat.