About This File
This is a relatively short file that contains some quick hits on the major issues related to climate change. All the cards are from 2013 and all but one is from March.
- A 1AC quality card that warming is happening, caused by humans, and that now is key
- Cards both ways on the study released earlier this month that volcano emissions are slowing the rate of warming
- An answer to the classic "SO2 screw" (aerosol emissions prevent warming)
- A new ice age link saying that CO2 prevents a new ice age, along with a famine impact to ice age
- A slew of cards questioning the ideas that 1) warming is happening and 2) if it is happening, that CO2 is what is causing it
I debated for four years at Groves High School in Beverly Hills, MI. During my senior year I debated almost exclusively on the national circuit, reaching elimination rounds at East Grand Rapids, New Trier, and Harvard. I have debated for four years at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI, clearing at regional and national tournaments and during the 2011-12 season qualifying for the NDT. As a coach for Seaholm High School my debaters have reached elimination rounds at local and national tournaments.
Email/fb me if you want to discuss this file or anything else about debate.
2013 Warming Ups 2
Yes Warming 3
New Warming Impact 4
AT: SO2 Screw 6
AT: Volcanoes Slow Warming 7
No Warming 8
Global Cooling 9
Warming Slowing 10
CO2 Defense/Warming Natural 12
Ice Age Link â€“ Warming Prevents It 14
Ice Age Bad â€“ Famine 15